Chapter 67

Dumbledore's funeral came and everyone that remained in Hogwarts went to the Great Hall to see their Headmaster for one last time. Along with them came Cornelius Fudge to pay his respects, and Dolores Umbridge (Carina almost attacked the woman when she saw her come in). Many more came to the funeral of Dumbeldore to pay their respects and say their final goodbyes.

Throughout the funeral Carina sat at the front with Roman in silence. She held on to his hand the whole time, trying to silence her tears. She didn't know to what she was crying to, was it because of the Headmaster's death or was it because of Theodore's betrayal.

She hated the fact that even after what Theodore had done, she still cried over him. It wasn't fair, she thought, why would she cry over someone who helped with the murder of the great wizard. The leader of the Order of the Phoenix.

After the funeral, Carina followed Harry to the Astronomy Tower. With her were Hermione, Ron and Roman. She stood quietly beside Harry as he held on to the locket that he and Dumbledore found in one of the Dark Lord hiding place.

"How are you, Harry?" Carina asked. She knew that it was a stupid question.

"I dunno... how about you?" Harry asked.

"I dunno." Carina attempted to chuckle, but failed.

Harry turned to his godsister, her gray eyes that always held mischief and adventure showed now a broken heart. Harry knew about her and Theodore the moment he accidentally ran into them at the corridor. And he knew that it broke her heart to find out that he was a Death Eater, a Death Eater who helped with all of what happened the nights before.

"I'm sorry about, Nott." Harry said.

"Don't." Carina said, harshly. "I'm such an idiot..."

"You're not." Harry said, taking Carina's hand with his and gave it a squeeze.

Changing the subject, Carina took the locket from Harry's hand and inspected it.

"Do you think he would've done it? Draco?" Hermione suddenly spoke.

"No." Harry said. "He was lowering his wand. In the end it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing..."

Hermione saw Carina studying the locket in her hands and asked if she could see it herself.

"Thinking this is a piece of Voldemort's soul..." Hermione said.

"It's a fake." Harry said. "Go on. Open it."

Hermione opened the locket and saw a folded piece of parchment inside, she took the parchment, opened it and started to read what was written.

"'To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R. A. B.' who's R.A.B.?"

Carina's ear rung at the familiar name – or rather, initials.

"Dunno. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means it as a waste. All of it." Harry said.

"R. A. B." Carina spoke.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I know him." Carina said. "Regulus Arcturus Black. He's my uncle – Sirius's younger brother."

"That's a start." Hermione said.

"But he's dead." Harry said.

"But his room's still there and so are his stuff." Carina said.

"That is if Mundungus has not sacked the whole place." Harry said coldly.

"I'll get him for that." Carina muttered.

There was silence between them once more.

"I have to finish what Dumbledore started." Harry said, "I'm not sure where that will lead me... but I'll let you guys know where I am – when I can..."

"I've always admired your courage, Harry, but sometimes... you're really thick..." Hermione said.

"You don't honestly think that you can find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you?" Carina asked. "You need us."

There was silence once more. Soon, Ron had joined them by the railing, and Roman too. Roman stood beside Carina and held her hand with his.

"Do you think we'll ever... come back?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know." Harry said.

•†•

Theodore quietly in the room provided to him the by the Malfoys. He had locked himself inside the room for the past few days, the house-elfs of the house brought him food, but he only ate little to none of it. His mind still replayed the night of the siege. How he and Carina fought against each other – a one sided battle – but in the end, she still couldn't bring herself to hurt him. He could remember the look on her face when he saw her over Roman's body as the boy tried to get some air after he was cursed by the Cruciatus Curse by Bellatix. It was the most horrific sight to see, his two best friends in pain and he couldn't do anything about it.

Died, I'd rather die than betray my friends – my wife! He remembered using Legilimens to see into Carina's head when they battled. Her father's words played in her head at that moment, and right now. Theodore felt as if Sirius Black was haunting him for what he had done to the man's beloved daughter.

"Theodore."

The door opened. Narcissa came in with Draco at her side.

"He's waiting..."