Chapter 77

"You're pregnant?"

Tom froze at the news. He stared at Emmanuelle, who had a ballooning stomach, then at Sirius, who was grinning ear-to-ear.

"Yes!" Emmanuelle said.

Sirius brought Tom to a side hug and rubbed his shoulder with excitement.

"Aren't you excited, Tom? You're going to be an Uncle! There's little girl growing inside there!" Sirius laughed.

"And in few months time, the baby will come out." Emmanuelle said.

Tom couldn't help but smile, but at the same time worry. They just got out of Hogwarts a months ago, now Emmanuelle was pregnant.

"I-I don't know what to say..." Tom said.

"Congratulations?" Emmanuelle offered, then her smile faltered when she saw the uneasiness at her brother's face. "Aren't you happy, Tom?"

"I am! I am!" Tom said, "It's just... wow – and was it really necessary to go all the way to Hogsmeade just to tell me?"

"Of course!" Sirius said, "Emmanuelle wanted to tell you herself – she didn't want it to be through owl."

This time, Tom felt truly happy.

"So... what are you going to name the puppy?" Tom teased.

Emmanuelle and Sirius grinned. That wasn't good.

"Please don't let it be Snuffles, I'd pity the boy if it is." Tom sighed.

"Who said she was a boy?" Emmanuelle asked.

"A girl?"

"Of course! What else – if not a boy, then a girl." Sirius laughed.

"So, what's the little girl's name?"

"Carina." Emmanuelle smiled, her hand caressing her stomach, her eyes stared adoringly at it.

Sirius placed his hand on Emmanuelle's at lay on her huge bump and smiled.

"Carina Emmanuelle Black."

Charity looked into Tom's eyes lovingly. They held hands and couldn't stop their grining.

"Do you, Thomas Marius, take Charity Helen, as your wife?"

"I do."

"Do you, Charity Helen, take, Thomas Marius, as your husband?"

"I do."

"I declare you bonded for life, you may kiss!"

Carina was born at November 25, 1979. A bundle of joy with hair full of dark brown hair – a mixture of her parents' black and brown hair – and eyes gray eyes that she got from her father.

"She's so tiny..."

Tom grinned as he watched his wife hold his sister's daughter in her arms.

"You're a natural." Sirius told Charity. "Planning on having one of your own?"

Charity and Tom shared a look.

"Soon." Tom said.

"When you do..." Emmanuelle said, "It will change your life..."

The sound of someone coming from the fireplace caught the attention of the people in the room. From the door entered James, Lily, Remus and Peter.