Chapter 71

Maisie found herself on the ground. After the vacuum feeling of the portkey that Jason Alston had her, her mother and brothers take, she didn't know where they were. Maisie got up and helped her mother up from the ground and took one of the babies that she held.

"Where's your father?" Charity asked.

"He didn't come." Maisie said. "Where are we?"

"I don't know..." Charity said.

Maisie looked around and saw light coming from a small cabin. She was about to walk towards it but stopped when the sound of someone walking was heard from the tall grass.

"Stay close to me." Charity said.

A small light illuminated from a wand. A woman with long brown hair stood wearing a dragon skin coat.

"You must the Goldsteins." The woman said. "My name's Alessandra Kohler... I'm Roman's cousin."

"Roman?" Maisie asked. "He made the portkey?"

"Yes..." Alessandra said, "He and Jason had created a portkey to get four people here... he mentioned that with you will be a girl named Carina Black... is she with you?"

"No..." Maisie shook her head, "But she's my cousin."

Alessandra nodded with pursed lips. "Very well... come, we must get you warm."

Alessandra led them to her cabin. Once inside the cabin, she settled the four Goldsteins and sent a raven to Roman telling him that she had received them, but there was no Carina Black with them, and that they will be on their way to Denmark where the mother and her children will be safe.

•†•

Theodore sat quietly at the seat beside his father at the table. The Dark Lord called the Death Eaters after the attack at the wedding; they were to receive news about Harry Potter. The whole time, Theodore was fiddling with thumbs, not knowing what to do, he had been nervous since the Death Eaters left to wreak havoc at the wedding, knowing that Carina would be there.

The sound of struggling caught the attention of the people of the room, they all turned their attention to the arch and saw the Death Eaters dragging a girl in a dress. She was putting up a fight as they held her, but then she stopped when one of the Death Eaters kicked her and had her falling on the ground. Theodore felt his heart beat three times faster at the sight of the girl, he had not seen her face but the sound of her struggles was familiar and he had hoped that it wasn't what he thought it would be.

"What is this?" The Dark Lord asked.

"Harry Potter has escaped, my Lord." The Death Eater – Dolohov – said, "But we brought someone who might know where he had gone."

Dolohov went and grabbed the girl from the ground; he hand moved her brown locks out of her face's way to show everyone who she was.

Theodore felt his heart drop at the sight. Standing before them was Carina; she held a brave face as she stood before the table of Death Eaters and the Dark Lord himself. He saw her in a dress of white and black that was now dirty and a bit torn, her hair that was in a put back by the hairpin had used to put on her hair was now loose and simply hanging, her face that was flawless now had a black-eye and the cut at her lip was still bleeding. She did not care if she looked beaten, she still held a strong stand, but no matter how much she tried to put up a brave face, Theodore could still see a small ounce of fear in her eyes.

"Carina Black." The Dark Lord said, "I must say, I am quite surprised to see you... I was not expecting your presence."

Carina said nothing; she just kept her glare at the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord got up from his seat and walked towards Carina. Dolohov had already stepped back and left the girl alone at her spot. Theodore was at the edge of his seat as he watched the Dark Lord walk towards Carina.