Chapter 42

After a hurried breakfast, everyone had their trunks lined down at the bottom of the stairs, everyone had their jackets and scarves on to keep them warm form the chilly gray January morning. Everyone didn't really like the idea of going back to Hogwarts –with Umbridge still around – especially Harry and Carina.

Carina had an unpleasant sensation in her chest the moment she woke up; she didn't wasn to say good-bye to Sirius. She felt bad of leaving her father alone in his mother's house with a creature like Kreacher. She found her father drinking some butterbeer at the side as Mrs. Weasley busied herself with checking everyone if they had everything packed. Carina had squeezed herself from the chaos and went to her father.

"Excited to go back?" Sirius asked.

"No, not really." Carina said. "Umbridge's still there and I don't want to see that woman."

"It'll pass." Sirius smiled.

"I hope she gets lost in the Forbidden Forest and never return." Carina chuckled.

"You could always just lure her there and let the centaurs have her." Sirius smirked.

"Now that'd be plan to put in to motion." Carina chuckled. "I'm going to miss you, Dad."

"I'm going to miss you too." Sirius said.

Carina went to her father and wrapped her arms around him. Sirius placed down his butterbeer and patted Carina's head, he smiled at the sight of Emmanuelle's hairpiece on Carina. Sirius placed a kiss on Carina's head and reluctantly pulled her away to take a good look before she left.

"You're growing to a very beautiful young woman, Carina." Sirius said. "Your mother and I are very proud."

"Thank you, Dad." Carina said.

"Now take care." Sirius pushed back Carina's hair on her shoulder and held her there. "And remember not to get in to too much trouble." Sirius gave her a sly grin and a wink.

"Yeah, because my father's the innocent boy when he was in Hogwart." Carina chuckled.

Sirius chuckled heartily. "What's like without a little risk?"

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too. Now go, before you miss the train!" Sirius led Carina to where the others were.

"I'd gladly miss the train!" Carina called back at him.

•†•

The first few days back to Hogwarts, Carina wanted to snap Snape in half. She hated that the man's been giving her – and Harry – a hard time, it was probably because of his and Sirius's exchange during the break, the two men were pointing their wands on each other's faces, ready to hex one another. It wasn't the best sight to see. Add to that, Harry had 'Remedial Potions' every Monday evening, so no D.A. meetings then. The only thing that actually made Carina's day was getting to see Roman and Theodore, and let all of her ranting out.

"I hate her." Carina muttered whilst she looked through the first volume of the book Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts.

"All of us." Roman muttered.

"I can't breathe with this thing!" Theodore pulled down the necktie and loosens it a bit.

"Don't, she'll just use a spell it permanently stick it up your arse." Carina said.

"If she puts up another idiotic decree the students will probably start a riot." Roman said.