Chapter 6

Theodore woke at the smell of food. His body felt sore, what does he expect? He did sleep at the couch last night with Teddy beside him --

Teddy! He couldn't feel Teddy. He immediately got up to look for Teddy, wishing that the boy did not fall off the couch while they were sleeping.

"Are you okay, Theodore?"

Theodore heard Teddy's voice. He sighed in relief. He turned and found Teddy sitting at the dining area, but he wasn't alone, sitting beside Teddy was Carina, they both had a smile on their faces.

"Morning!" Teddy said.

"Good morning, Theodore." Carina smiled.

"Good morning." Theodore greeted.

"Come on, breakfast's ready." Carina said.

"Sausage!" Teddy held up the sausage that was stabbed his fork.

Theodore got up from the couch and made his way to the table. He awkwardly sat down across from Carina, he couldn't bring himself to look at her at the eye.
He was served by Carina some food and a cup of tea came floating to his side of the table.

Theodore and Carina did not say anything the whole time, they just enjoyed listening to Teddy as he told them stories about what he did at Harry's place or what he did with Ethan and Elias, it was a bit hard to understand with his "baby-accent", but they made an effort to understand.

After breakfast, Carina told them that she had to go to work. She took Teddy with her and brought him to his grandmother's, leaving Theodore to himself. All the while, Theodore was still conflicted on leaving or not, but he didn't want to do it the way he was about to do last night, he was going to do it properly. But for some reason, he didn't know if he still wanted to go.

Being with Teddy last night lifted so much off his shoulders. It was the first time he did not feel the weight of the feeling of guilt and fear on his shoulders. He was happy. And being with Carina, especially during the wedding, it was better. Just talking to her, felt even better. He wanted that. He always wanted to feel that. So he went to the shelf where he left his note, but upon getting there, the note was gone.

"Bollocks."

•†•

"So you thought of leaving?" Draco exclaimed.

After finding the note gone, Theodore locked the whole flat and then Flooed to the Malfoys. He surprised Narcissa and Lucius at his sudden arrival, and apologized for it, and then went straight to look for Draco and Astoria. When he found them at the garden, he immediately told them about what happened to him and his problem.

"I thought it was for the best –"

"And you thought of doing it by using a note – how selfish could you be, Theodore?"

"That's not the problem. Listen, what I did was shite, I know that, that's why I want to do this properly – I don't want to do the same thing I did to her three years ago! I want to explain to her personally why I have to leave and not on some bloody note!"

"But you did the bloody note!"

"I know what I did! And I want to fix this! Blaise was right, all right?" Theodore sighed. "Norway was just... me running away – and that stupid note was me doing the same mistake again! I want to fix this!"

"If you want to fix this, then why are you leaving?!"

"I don't know!"

Draco and Astoria looked at Theodore as he sighed and sat down at the chair. He was pacing the whole time he told them about what happened. Now that he was seated, it looked like he reached a breaking point.