Chapter 68

A wedding was the last thing Carina expected in times of war, but nonetheless she was happy to have been invited – to be the Maid of Honor of her dear cousin, Tonks, wedding to her godfather, Remus Lupin. Carina couldn't help but smile as Tonks stood facing Lupin, both smiling and both in love.

"... Do you, Remus John, take Nympha – "

The officiator – a good friend of Tonks and Lupin – stopped himself when Tonks sent him a glare telling him to not even dare say her first name. Carina and Lupin both chuckled at the woman's glare towards the officiator.

"—Tonks as your wife?"

"I do." Lupin said.

"And do you, Tonks, take Remus John, as your husband?"

"I do." Tonks said.

"Then I declare you bonded for life! You may kiss."

As Tonks and Lupin shared their first kiss as husband and wife, the crowd cheered for them. Carina clapped her hands for Tonks and Lupin, and let out a cheer as well. From the crowd that came to the wedding, Roman let out a loud whistle and even yelled "Get her, Professor!", making Carina to shake her head and laugh at her friend. Her eyes then glanced to Charity and Maisie (since Tom was the Best Man), who held each of their month old sons – Elias and Ethan – cheer for the newly wedded couple.

After Tonks and Lupin's kiss, the two turned to the cheering crowd, Tonks and Lupin turned to Carina and sent her a teasing wink. Carina chuckled.

"Welcome to the family, Remus!" Carina said.

Tonks and Lupin then went down the isle and to the reception where they could share their first dance as husband and wife. Carina was left at the altar, her eyes never left Tonks and Lupin, and their happiness. She even wondered if she'll ever have that, when the person she still wanted was someone she could never forgive.

"Hey."

Carina slightly jumped at Roman's sudden call.

"You spaced out." Roman said.

"Yeah..." Carina attempted to chuckle, "What's wrong?"

"Lupin's looking for you." Roman said, "Tonks' dancing with her father, he wants a dance with his goddaughter."

Carina turned to the dance floor and saw Lupin looking her way with a concerned look. She sent the man a smile to reassure him that she was all right, but the man knew better. Carina took Roman's arm and let him lead her to where Lupin was.

"Are you alright?" Carina asked.

"Yeah." Roman said.

"Roman..." Carina turned to him, "About Theodore –"

"It's all right." Roman said, "Besides, I knew about it even before it was going to happen."

"I'm sorry." Carina sighed. "I really am."

Roman forced a smile, she lifted Carina's head to look at him by her chin and then tucked the stray lock of hair she had behind her ear.

"Don't." Roman said. "Listen, forget about Theodore – forget about what's happening out there for a moment, and enjoy the night... it's only right that we give this to Tonks and Lupin, right?"

"Yeah." Carina smiled.

"Now, go, Lupin's waiting." Roman said.

Roman handed Carina to Lupin. Lupin gave Roman a nod as a thank you then placed a hand on Carina's waist and the other held her and, whilst Carina had her other hand on his shoulder, and the two of them danced with the song that played at the background.