Chapter 16

Carina and Hermione invited – forced – Harry to join them at the Black Lake. They sat at the lawn with the view of the Black Lake, eating the toasts that the two girls have stacked and wrapped with napkins. Harry told them the story of what happened in the chamber with the other Champions and the teachers, and his side of the story.

"Of course we believe you, Harry." Hermione said.

"But the question is who did... who put your name in the Goblet?" Carina asked. "No one could fool the age line – even Fred and George got blasted away from the Goblet when they tried to!"

"Where's Ron?" Harry asked.

"He was at breakfast earlier..." Hermione said.

"Does he still think I entered myself?"

"Well no, I don't think so... not really."

Carina rolled her eyes at Hermione's response. "He does."

"Listen Harry..." Hermione pursed her lips. "Ron's jealous."

"Jealous?" Harry exclaimed, "Jealous of what? He wants to make a big prat of himself in front of the whole school does he?"

"Harry..." Hermione chastised sincerely, "it's always been you who gets all the attention, you know it is... and I know it's not your fault."

"Yeah, well tell Ron that I'd swap with him any time he wants." Harry said bitterly. He got up from their place and started to walk off.

Carina sighed and told Hermione that he she's talk to him. Carina ran after Harry and finally caught up with him.

"Harry." Carina sighed, "You have to tell Dad."

"Sirius, why?" Harry asked, "It'll only make things worse for him if he does – he'll come up here – he won't be safe –"

"He's never safe." Carina blocked Harry's way, she was now facing him, "Harry, Sirius is already riding north and there is nothing we could do to stop him – even if you send him dozens of letters to stop him – the best thing we could do right now is if he hears this from you, and not some article at the Daily Prophet. Please Harry."

Harry reluctantly agreed and followed Carina to the Owlery. She gave Harry a piece of parchment –big enough to fit what he was going to say – a quill and an ink well. It took a while, but Harry was finally finished with his letter.

"Oh, tell Dad that I miss him." Carina told Harry, "And to stay safe."

Harry nodded and added a 'P.S.' at the end of the letter, then handed the letter to Carina for her to sign. Harry went to Hester's nest to have him deliver the letter, he glanced at Hedwig with a sorry look.

"Sorry, I can't use you for this... Hester will have to do... for now." Harry told Hedwig.

Hedwig then bit Harry, then fluttered her wings and soared up to the other nests above, out of reach from her owner.

"First Ron, now you" said Harry angrily, "This isn't fair!"

•†•

"So we just juice them and then the potion is good to take?" Roman asked.

Carina and him were at Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, hiding from the other students as they finish their last day of having the Mandrake leaf in their mouths and have it ready for their potion.

"No!" Carina said, "We have to wait for a storm – a lightning storm – but while waiting we have to say this incantation at sunrise and sunset 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' until we find a lightning storm to drink the potion."