Chapter 2

"It's been what – three years?"

"Three long years." Carina agreed.

Theodore poured them both some firewhiskey. He gave Carina her glass since she couldn't reach for it with Teddy in her arms, Carina said a quiet "thank you" to Theodore as he did. Theodore took his glass and clinked his with Carina's.

"Cheers." Theodore smiled.

"Cheers." Carina nodded.

The two of them drowned the drink and placed their glasses at the table.

"I see godmother-hood is doing quite well." Theodore smiled at Teddy, who had nuzzled more into Carina's arms, his thumb stuck in his mouth.

"The best." Carina chuckled. She reached up to Teddy and took his thumb out of his mouth.

There was a pause between the two of them. It was during that moment that they took notice of what has changed between them for the past three years. Carina took note of how Theodore had matured during his time away. She noticed a few bags under his eyes, a light scar that came from his upper left brow and down to his cheek. She took note that he had built up his frame as well, he wasn't the same thin Theodore she knew, he put up some muscle.

"How've you been, Carina?" Theodore asked.

"Good." Carina shrugged.

"Three years, and all you could say is good?"

Carina chuckled.

"What do you do?" Theodore asked.

"I'm a the Lead Astronomer in the Ministry."

"Lead Astronomer? In just a few years, how did that happen?" Theodore asked, he was quite surprised at the news.

Carina shrugged. "I guess I'm just good at it... the best part with my job, I get a lot of free time... so I get to spend it with Teddy."

"That's good to hear." Theodore smiled.

"How about you, Theodore, how are you?"

Theodore poured more firewhiskey into his glass and took a sip.

"To be honest? I'm tired and happy at the same time."

Carina's brows furrowed.

"Why?"

"My job."

"What is your job –"

"Carina."

Theodore and Carina turned and saw Andromeda standing behind her.

"I'm heading home, are you planning on staying a bit longer?" Andromeda asked.

"I was planning to..." Carina said, glancing at Theodore.

"I'll take Teddy, then, the boy's tired himself to sleep." Andromeda chuckled as she took the sleeping boy from Carina's hold. "I'll just let him sleep at my place."

"Thank you, Andromeda, I promise to get him tomorrow." Carina said.

She got up from her seat and placed a sweet kiss on Teddy's head, whispered "good night", and She placed her shawl over Teddy's body, to shield him from the cold.

"Don't worry about it, dear, he could spend the entire day with me. Enjoy yourself..."

After Andromeda had left with Teddy in her arms, Carina sat back down next to Theodore. Theodore had noticed since he sat beside her that she still wore the locket he had given her three years ago. The locket that held a photo of Roman. Their late best friend.