Chapter 23

The day of the Third Task the whole castle was busy. Students running to their classes, teachers preparing for the task, and then there was this whole article that Rita Skeeters wrote about Harry entitled, Harry Potter "Disturbed and Dagnerous" that made Carina almost transform to her Animagus form to bite Draco, when he and his goon mocked Harry.

"There's no way she could have heard." Roman said, "We were at the very top of the North Tower."

"I opened the window to breathe." Harry said.

"Harry, do you even know how high the North Tower is?" Carina asked, "It's very high."

"Then how could she have learned about that?" Hermione asked.

"You tell me!" Harry said.

"I've been trying!" Hermione said, then her eyes trailed at Carina and Roman. An idea came to her, "I think I know – I'm just not sure –give me two seconds in the library!"

Then Hermione ran off, leaving a very confused Harry, Ron, Carina and Roman. After class, Harry was called by McGonagall to proceed to the chamber at the Hall to meet his family ("You don't think they had the Dursleys come over, do you?" Harry asked them).

"So..." Ron began, when he was alone with Roman and Carina, "What did you turn to?" he asked Roman.

Roman gave him a cheeky grin then howled before walking away. Carina chuckled at Roman's hint and followed after him. Ron sighed after finally knowing what Roman meant by the howl.

"Of course." He muttered.

•†•

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position."

It was finally the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. And everyone – the students, teachers, the Champion's family (the Weasleys came as Harry's family) – sat to watch it.

"Now, as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum and then Miss Delacour... the first person to touch the Cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up a red flare with their wands... Contenstants, gather around..."

Carina sat with Roman and Theodore at the stands, they both cheered at the as they watched Harry and Cedric enter the maze, whilst Theodore simply just watched. Once all of the Champions have gone, the suspense came. Then the longest wait. Most of the people already fell asleep since it was already late.

"How long could this be?" Theodore sighed.

"Moody must've hid the Cup real good." Carina said. She then turned to Theodore, "By the way, what did you turn to?"

Theodore turned red – a rare occurrence that seems to happen... never – and his red face caught Carina's interest that she made it a life goal to find out what Theodore turned in to. Roman laughed and Theodore shot him a glare for it.

"What is it?" Carina asked.

"Well, it's definitely not four legged." Roman chuckled.

"Is it a flobberworm?" Carina teased.

"Not funny." Theodore said. "It 's a peregrine falcon."

"A what?" Carina asked, she didn't' quite hear Theodore's answer.

"A peregrine falcon." Theodore said.

"How cute!" Carina said.

"Shut up, Black."