Chapter 12

A few days have passed since Theodore had left for Norway, and for the past few days, Carina busied herself with work and with Teddy. Work was inevitable, she was always at the Ministry to observe the stars, and her boss being a complete git – as per Carina – and was being one of those "entitled men", so she didn't really enjoy work and was very close to quitting, the only thing stopping her was the question, "what is her replacement job".

For the particular moment, she busied herself with Teddy. She spent her free time teaching Teddy the basics of magic, and the Wizarding World rules, even though Teddy was still a three-year-old, turning four. But it was one of the only ways to distract her from missing Theodore.

"How's teaching Teddy?" Maisie asked.

"Great!" Carina said, "I'm teaching a three-year-old magic, what do you think?"

Maisie and Ginny chuckled and shook their heads. They were both at the kitchen of the Burrow, making dinner for later and with them was Mrs. Weasley. It was going to be a big dinner since everyone would be there.

Carina got up from the floor and left Teddy with Elias and Ethan to play. She went to where the two girls were and watched them as they pealed the tomatoes.

"This would be a lot easier with magic." Ginny said.

"Well, I like to do it by hand."

Maisie and Ginny sighed and turned to Carina.

"I hate doing it by hand." Maisie muttered.

Carina chuckled. She snatched an apple from the basket and took a huge bite from it.

"So..." Ginny began. "How's life without Nott?"

"Boring." Carina said, truthfully. "We get to talk, but rarely, since our schedules clash."

"I'm sure you guys would find a way to communicate." Maisie said. "This is all new to you both, so it's still a bit rocky."

"Thanks, Maisie."

"So how is he?"

"The last time I saw him, he's got a huge cut at the shoulder." Carina said. "He said that he got it from a Swedish Short-Snout..."

Mrs. Weasley then talked about how dangerous dragons were and talked about how Charlie even thought of becoming a Dragonologist when he could have his head chomped off by the very creature he's studying.

"What else?" Ginny asked.

"As promised, he's got another tattoo." Carina grinned at the memory of Theodore showing his tattoo that he got. "Just a small one at the side."

"He's got problems." Ginny rolled her eyes. "That man's got too many tattoos."

"You'd be surprise that that's just a few, there are people whose got tattoos from head to toe."

"What else?" Maisie asked.

"Well, he and Teddy talked too... he apologized that he couldn't come over for Teddy's birthday, and promised to make up for it."

"That's sweet of him." Mrs. Weasley said.

"You'd be surprise." Carina chuckled. "Speaking of Teddy's birthday... are you sure that it's all right to have it here?"

"Of course!" Mrs. Weasley placed down the potatoes. "Teddy is family, just like you and Harry!"

"Technically, Harry's already family." Carina smiled. "I'm still in shock that you two married off very young."