Crescent 7: Hilya's diary(1)

"Read!"...

The lives of the people who responded to the Qur'an have changed drastically...

From the darknesses and ignorance, We were rescued into the Light, and to seek knowledge with insight.

Thus, our lives revolved, to reach the peak of life,

And attain the success of this life, and the life after death.

-A. A. I. M.

________________________________

"Well..."Harun began, his eyes cast downwards, as he soaked a rug with which he used to wipe the tinted glass, a sly expression on his face.

He cleared his throat,"The first time, he'd take me to the amusement arcade in the East district's Dreamland building complex.

We'd almost spend an entire day there..."

"One time, he took me to the Natives' West Mall.."

Harun's eyes gleamed with a cunning smile as he wiped the large tinted glass meticulously, "After that, he never took me out again.

From then, he preferred to give me a definite sum of money, and I'd go decide for myself how things went, you know..."

There was an apologetic smile on Harun's face. He sincerely felt sorry for Ismail, but it was not his fault after all; he just had too many things he'd wanted to do, and Ismail seemed to be the volunteering elder brother who was generous enough, B-)

Arkaan was overly in shock at the exploits of Harun, taking mental note about going on an outing with him. He could only imagine what Harun would do to cause such a generous person as Ismail to change his ways and rather apportion an amount for Harun as a surprise gift.

Even Zak was amazed at Harun's wonders. Surely, he was even more experienced on how to drain their elder brother in a surprise gift outing quest than him!
In fact, whilst he might still be considered a novice, Harun might as well be crowned a paragon!

Arkaan didn't know, but if Abdullah were there, he'd probably frown at their simplemindedness, and leave all three of them battered by waves upon waves of shock, eventually leaving them dumbfounded, and to submit to his total domination on how much he had exploited Ismail on such cases.

In fact, one might even prefer to call it 'The grand art of making others bankrupt'!!"

Somewhere in the northern section, Abdullah sighed at how much of a good little brother he was. No one truly knew his real limits! In his mind, he wished to mention all his exploits to Arkaan, and let him see how grand he actually was.

Like this, the cleanup exercise went on smoothly, with occasional chatting on several issues. At one point even, Ukashah's group decided on a Qur'an competition between all three of them.

Eventually, Ukashah and Musa had to give in to Abdullah's praise of how much he dominated over them. It was his overbearing self-praise though, and not his recitation that made them submit; they couldn't challenge his blabbering ability... He even took the time to sigh at how much of a good little scholar he was.

Abdul Sattâr's group was the most serious and diligent of all, and yet, they would mention the times of the halaqah, and how things were degenerating in Tâ Hâ's South district in recent times.
Even though, it was only the South district, all of the halaqat of Tâ Hâ seemed to bear the brunt. The South district's halaqah was like their beacon, and so without their light, Tâ Hâ was once more behind all the other mainland cities, who didn't even bother to give them face.