Crescent 35: Hâ Mîm|..To you, who taught me Alif and Lām(2)

"Those who are able to communicate the states they receive whenever they recite.. That's how much they loved the Qur'an.

That's how much they bonded to it - To love something and to make others love that which you love!"

- A.A.I.M.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ukashah..

Should I tell you mummy's greatest secret..."

...

"Mother has a world of her own.., a place where she can go, whenever life becomes too difficult and unbearable.

A world of multiple realms, filled with stories that come alive..."

...

"How do you get there, Ummi~"

...

"Recite, Ukashah! Recite!"

...

"Ukashah?"

...

The boy folded his arms, still sulking.

Thus, he didn't see when she reached out for him, and carried him lightly as if he were a feather.

Her laughter, light like the summer breeze, she locked her forehead with his in a fierce rub that lightened his heart, and filled it consequently with laughter and glee.

Both mother and son, were in merry. It was a moment in time here, but it seemed like an eternity to them..

He recited the Quran to her.

She listened.

Her eyes.. lost in a reverie. She seemed to have escaped this world, finding refuge in Allah, in the myriad realms.. echoes reverberating from the Divine Furqân.

•••

Before Ukashah was a majestic ocean, calming inviting him. Water with the surface of reflecting glass, strangely unrippled by the wind..

Within it, were glowing formless bodies. Sometimes, they appeared to him as letters.

Once in a while, the letters joined to build words. Then they constructed phrases. Composing meanings, they transformed the world around him!

It was like the phrases harboured a power to bring worlds into his sight. He saw a myriad of them, all stories his mother had told him.

A wave rose, manifesting an upturned world. The tribes of Lūt, alayhis Salaam..

With its projection from the water surface, came a voice he heard.. a voice calling from a distance, as though from across time..

The voice seemed to have been loud when it first was made.

However, it could only reach him as a soft echo, an almost inaudible shout,..remnants of what it had once been.

Yh.. That was what called him here.. A call from an ancient river, like time flowing into an ocean, where all souls of past and present meet.