Crescent 39: The Orphan..(3)[Two Qualities A Student Should Never Have]

Abdullah wouldn't claim to be familiar with all the children at the orphanage, but he definitely knew almost all the children his age from there, and never once had he spotted the boy who seemed so intimately close with his Akhii. There was something about that that ticked him off.

"Ya Ibna Aadam, I'm one of the children from the orphanage."Little green smiled in their direction, still holding Arkaan around the waist.

"Liar!"A boy spat from amongst the children from the orphanage. Little green parted his bangs to better see his accuser, a look of shock and an opened mouth. It was the same boy he had told he was a green snake.

"Oh you poor thing, you can't have dementia at this age, can you?"Little green spoke with overt mockery, but he seemed to really be considering.

"Lil Khayr, that boy said he was a green snake. Is it true?"The other of the two boys he had sat between said with a terrified look, pointing at Little green. The elder boy he had called Lil Khayr hit the back of his head jovially,"Of course he was joking with you! What would make you believe him?"

"Oh yaar, it really is true."Little green smiled cheerily, much to the consternation of all,"I'm a green snake sometimes, that's why they call me Little green."

Little green.. Arkaan suddenly thought, remembering how the name had bugged him when he first heard it. It seemed a crap kinda name, but hearing the boy just now he was considering the possibility..

"Oh, ..You're right"Little green said as though he'd just remembered something. Then added in a matter-of-factly sort of way,"That's only my corporeal form."

"Daft brain!"Abdullah laughed, seeing all the shocked faces around. He really couldn't believe they'd pay attention to the boy's inane jibing. Even Ukashah and Zak seemed to be at a loss for words. Abdullah really couldn't believe an unknown child had come to take the spotlight whilst he, the scholar of scholars was sitting right there among them.

Deciding not to mind the boy again, he turned to Arkaan,"Yaa Akhii Arkaan, please do us a favour and clear our mystery. Apparently, no one knows him around here but you. We'd be pleased to make an acquaintance with the little brother."Abdullah folded his arms, looking much like a member of the senior generation. For some reason, he seemed to fit into those shoes very well. Was it because he was also advanced in Qur'an and Tajwîd? Arkaan chuckled. But yeah, it seemed he alone knew him from among them.

"He's Mar-"Suddenly, the answer seemed to confused him. Arkaan placed a hand over his forehead. No, Junnah's.. That's right, he never got to know what the true relationship between the two really was.

"Are you an orphan?"Zak tried to help, directly asking the boy. He also knew almost all the orphans in his family's orphanage, but what do you say, he might have missed out on one. Looking at Little green, the boy had an appearance which could be easily forgotten, except when cast into the light, which he had done by putting himself close to Arkaan who had a distinguishing presence.

"Oh yaar, I lost my sister, so I'm really an orphan."Little green answered, his eyes hidden behind his bangs.

"Daft brain,"Abdullah mocked. That was it! No matter what anybody said afterwards, that name was stuck with his head about the boy."Losing your sister doesn't make you an orphan. It's when you're without an Abii and an Ummi."

"Well I never saw the difference, small Ibna Aadam."The boy responded as though unfazed by Abdullah's earlier remark."Junnah was like my mother. Although I disliked her sometimes.."

"Little green, shut up! Abdullah, you too."Arkaan said, a stern warning on his face. Couldn't these two see that it was a sensitive topic with all the children from the orphanage here. He was even more shocked at Little green's declaration. He admitted being confused about the girl he always met at the bridge, - this Junnah. But it was awful hearing those words come from Little green. Especially since he remembered quite a fond memory between the two. But if Little green was human.., then perhaps that girl too was! Maybe his memories had just been muddled from fear of calling the adhaan. He felt relief upon this thought.