Crescent 38: Friday..(7)[His key to opening the Domains]

"Taqwa is not fasting long days and praying long into the nights.

Taqwa is abandoning the disobedience of Allah (SWT).

Everything beyond that is Ihsan. (Excellence)"

-Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz(R. A.)

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

This Ramadan, let us all try to cultivate Taqwa. After all, that's the purpose of Ramadan:

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ كُتِبَ عَلَيۡكُمُ ٱلصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى ٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبۡلِكُمۡ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تَتَّقُونَ

"O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become God-conscious.."

[Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah 183]

And also, Ihsan, as much as we can-This would enable us to cross the barriers between us and Allah, to attain Ma'iyyat(Closeness to Allah).

If you've Allah, what more do you need in this world and/or the hereafter..?

..

Do enjoy the story, yeah. I sacrificed the entire night to complete it. I'll find time to pay back the missing sleep though, in shaa Allah^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lady Frieda didn't have to wait long to see the blond boy make his way over from the courtyard, to meet her at the southern pillars, where she stood close to the ladies' side.

"AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, Lady Principal. I heard you called for me."His eyes lowered when he was at a decent distance.

There were very few people here on Tâ Hâ who had earned respect as a singular personality. And even fewer, who weren't from the four native tribes or the affiliate ones like his own.

Lady Principal, even though a foreigner and a lady, had earned her way up in a highly patriarchal system. Heading perhaps, the most distinguished High School on the island, she had single-handedly won her way into the town's Council Hall, without being an official member, but one of honour.

Thus she could, whenever she wanted, attend Council Hall meetings, the highest governing body on Madinatu Asghar.

But for they who were her students, she held an even more sacred position in their hearts as their Lady Principal. Because they had experienced firsthand, the level of academics and propriety she always requested of all her students.
She was an ideal disciplinarian, and all the students of Iqra Complex without an exception, would bear witness to that.

"Ah yes, Sheikh Zakariyya, How're you doing?"

Zak became abashed at the title she addressed him with. Not that it was unusual for him to be called 'Sheikh'. For many of the grownups who were acquainted with his parents, they always preferred calling him by that title.