Crescent 33: Hâ Mîm|World-shocking Voices open the Domains!(1)|

إِنَّمَا ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُونَ ٱلَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِرَ ٱللَّهُ وَجِلَتۡ قُلُوبُهُمۡ وَإِذَا تُلِيَتۡ عَلَيۡهِمۡ ءَايَٰتُهُۥ زَادَتۡهُمۡ إِيمَٰنٗا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمۡ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ

The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely..

-Sura Al-Anfal, Ayah 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ukashah stood in front of the mic silently. The whole Colosseum was quiet as if everyone was anxiously anticipating what the jade and stoic boy was going to say.

He tapped the speaker softly, and smiled softly at the crowds,"About affairs of the state, there's obviously no one amongst us who can hold a candle to the King of Al Qalb-ul-Ard.

Benevolent with his subjects, decisive among his adversaries! Undoubtedly, among his contemporaries, he is exceptional, and this is no lip service, as all would concur!"Ukashah sombrely continued,

"What need be our discourse on State Affairs? This gathering has been occasioned for a celebration of Kitâbillah..

If we really wish to witness astuteness and excellence in the former art, I bet the King wouldn't mind educating us all here!"

Vicious! The Hâ Mîm governor intoned, trying hard to avoid the laughter that was threatening to expose him to the King and destroy him consequently.

Give it to this boy, he deserves a medal! Ya Salaam! No one has ever countered Dhul Wajhayn* in this way before!

[*Lit. Possessor of two faces, or hypocrite. The Hâ Mîm Governor uses this name as his form of addressing the King. He doesn't use it in his presence though, only internally.]

Ukashah.. The redheaded foreigner stared at the teen boy in surprise.

Since when..did he grow, to become so..

different..

He hadn't expected that, after all these years, when they had finally met, his nephew would have matured enough to handle his own affairs in such a way,

With such calm and composure! He was completely different from that bubbly child of sunshine he knew. The boy's smile was even perfect, though he knew, behind it was an indifference to the King.

He didn't know whether to be happy at how mature the boy had become, or.. to sorrow as to what experiences he faced, that must have sharpened him so.

The innocent boy he had once known, had learnt how to use words to manipulate his way out of things.

He had praised the King in his own presence, then humbled his own skills and that of the King, all at once!

He was essentially raising and lowering the same person at one and the same time.
Also subtly implying the King's presence in the gathering, which only a select few would pick up on.

This way, Ukashah had shown that even he, knew who was behind the veil. And this favoured his position, as a King was bound, not to act so impulsively towards his subjects!

Ukashah's revealing his knowledge of him, protected him from the King's acting with him out of character!

Unless the King wanted to pursue it further, and lose his position of dignity in the eyes of those who knew it was him, he wouldn't reveal his guise, and wouldn't counterattack.