Crescent 31: Hâ Mîm|Distress..|

"Good heavens, every year's GQRC, black horses arrive from every region of the Country to challenge in Qur'an and recitation. This year's black horses are from Tâ Hâ!!!"

"How come we've never heard of them since the competition began this year?! This is what we call the 'hidden dragons, crouching tigers'!

For such people such as these to come, they couldn't have remained unheard of for so long!"

"It's a no wonder. Till now their competitions only took place in the southern regions. Also, nobody pays attention to what happens at Tâ Hâ these days. Rumours have it that the King is angry with the town. It's said that, jinns had caused havoc some years before, and now, people treat everyone from Tâ Hâ in antisocial ways. No one wants anything to do with them!"

"Even now, there are rumours about Tâ Hâ concealing an important object from the King. Something he's in dire need of! Why wouldn't he be wrathful with the town!"

"Hey! Aren't they the same people from yesterday's bazaar sales??!"

"Indeed! Good heavens! These boys from the hinterlands, yesterday they gathered the largest market at the bazaar and made the governor pay for their fruits.

Today, they've enthralled the scholars, and earned their admiration!

What next are they in to do! This GQRC this year is going to be remembered for years to come, nay, - decades!

This is epic! And I'm witnessing it!!!"

On the high table, King Dhul Qarnayn frowned. He turned to the redheaded foreigner who was by his side. As per his expectations, Ayatullah's mind was somewhere else. He traced his eyesight to where he had expected it to be.

It was not on Zak. Could it be?..

He smiled slyly, making a solemn expression in the very next moment. Time to play his cards..

"Indeed! Many are those who are called scholars.. But in our world, only a few ever get to be King."His voice sounded once again through the convention. The people who were curious as to what the 'King' had to say, kept silent so they wouldn't miss a word.

That's the son of Hajj Ya'qûb and Maryam.. A sharp glint crossed King Dhul Qarnayn's eyes.

His eyes made a cursory assessment of Zak and moved past him.

"They're the ones who're of noble birth.. Born of the highest pedigree.."With this, his eyes landed on Ukashah.

The Qaadi laughed. Why did he feel like this comment was a personal vendetta from the Sultan.

Love must have blinded him, if not he would have realized by now considering how shrewd he was, that neither Councilman Ya'qûb nor the Lady Maryam possessed the blond hair and blue-eyed traits.

Even though it is clear he indeed is councilman Ya'qûb's son, he obviously had a different mother other than Maryam.

Ah~ Back in his youthful days.. The King was quite the hopeless romantic..

At this moment, the Sultan's eyes narrowed at Ukashah. Could you be the second prince of Baladus-Sulaymân?

I only saw him once as a young child, but the similarities are so much alike. Ayatullah must have more certainty on this than me.. But one cannot be too sure.

Thinking this, he looked at Ayatullah who had a stoic mask on his face as he looked at Ukashah. He couldn't tell what the redhead was thinking.

His lips curved up in a smug smile that would have stolen the hearts of a thousand maidens. Let me help you Ayatullah..