Crescent 17: Ikrâm opens the doors of hearts(2)

Let it go.

Pain. Hurt. Sorrow. The feeling that it's unfair...

Right now, what is more important?

After following the urges of the self, what becomes the aftermath?

Is there any sense of fulfilment?

No, it's rather pain and, -
hurt all over again.

What Hilya had written in her diary, the words continuously flowed into Arkaan's soul, as if talking to him.

He didn't know whether it was a coincidence for him to have read those parts of the diary before this event. Whatever it was, he was grateful to Allah as the words washed over him, like a balm to his soul.

In the diary, Hilya had constantly said: if everything was Qadar, then what's the reason for the believer to complain?

Then whether it's joy or sorrow, once it was written in Allah's plan, then all fate was working in favour of the believer.
It's up to you to rejoice, or blame fate.

One would earn you Allah's pleasure and His grace, the other is a sign of ingratitude and would lead to unnecessary worry in this world, and punishment in the next.

It was narrated from Anas bin Malik (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath."٢

The Holy Prophet, upon him be peace had also said;

Suhaib reported: The Messenger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him said,"Wondrous is the affair of a believer, as there is good for him in every matter; this is not the case for anyone but a believer. If he experiences pleasure, he thanks Allah and it is good for him. If he experiences harm, he shows patience and it is good for him."٣

According to Hilya, if sacrificing one's ego and hurt was only to attain Allah's pleasure, then it was certainly worth it, and a profitable bargain at that!

Thus the rage within Arkaan slowly calmed till he stood there, his heart essentially became free. It wasn't that he did not feel any pain and anguish, no.. It was that he had decided, maybe it's also okay to let go.. - let go of such emotions.

He neither furrowed his eyebrows, nor did he once show the least bit of provocation to the hostility shown against him. His face was just normal, yet it had this calm and innocence to it that made the people watching from around began to wonder whether he was the same person Khalid was referring to. After all Khalid had painted the boy to be violent.

Seeing his words weren't causing any effect on Arkaan, Khalid turned to his friends, to make the walk away while he could or Arkaan's mature behaviour would turn the tables against him and make him seem the bad guy.

"Let's go. There's no use standing here anymore."His voice was surprisingly sober from the previous rage and hate-filled speech. He suddenly didn't know why he had behaved so with Arkaan. After all, the boy had apologized in their stead, in order to mend the bitter feelings they'd carried from childhood.

The others followed him, leaving Arkaan standing all alone in the middle of the street, people watching him. Most of them were new neighbours though, and didn't really understand what was going on. Yet Arkaan's behaviour just now, had created a good first impression without him knowing it.