[Tales of Rawdhātul Jannā: The Estranged Daughter]

A bloody moon, a starry night sky.

An old woman, and her estranged daughter.

The King who charmed her heart.

A young merchant travels the land.

In his hand is a locket and key.

A letter of love and forgiveness, and a Jinni who loved her home

Would change their fates forever.

Tales of Rawdhātul Jannā.

•••

"Jinns plagued this Island, before. And almost turned the South district mad, rife with their violence."

Hayaa began.

"On your fifth birthday, mother gave you this anklet.. with the locket and key attached to it.

It was the token of love, between father and mother.

One she had inherited from her ownmother, forged in their hometown.

Consequently the story starts from there, - mother's home.. from she and father's love story.

That time, mother's hometown was south of Qalb-ul-Ard, in a location known as 'Rawdhātul Jannā', north of the town of Banu Salāma."

"Meadows of the Gardens.."Maryam whispered, as though she could see that beautiful place spread before her. Mother had always mentioned it. Describing the place with so much nostalgia and homesickness. It must have been a beautiful land.

Hayaa nodded."However, that place, belonged to the jinns before. Formerly called 'The Dark Meadows'.

Naturally, the new inhabitants were bound to face problems from their new neighbours of the fire race. Especially since they were of the Qāsitūn minal Jinn[Qur'an 72:14].

It was not long before strange sicknesses and possessions began. Things which could not be explained, became the norm.

And then the riot occurred.

Rawdhātul Jannā as the human settlers called it, became a living hell."Hayaa looked at Maryam, her eyes portraying her words.

"Grandmother was an 'Alimah.

Knowledgeable and pious, even more saintly than her daughter whom she had sent to the Veiled Sisters' halaqah and had become a Legacy Apprentice.

She mobilized the people, and led them in the execution of Ruqyah.

In this Southern town alone, there was mass exorcism unseen of before.

Hordes of jinn were exorcised from possessed bodies. And so were sicknesses cured and violence stopped.

The jinns were given two options: to accept Islam or leave their home forever. The jinns of the Dark Meadows were obstinate.
They'd rather die, than leave their home.