Crescent 22: Echoes from the past(5)[Myriad heart reflections...]

It was a dark world..

No light..

A lonely soul lay, sprawling upon the dark water, suspended..

It was as dark as a starless night, without a moon.

Arkaan's heartbeats slowly steadied as he became conscious of the disappearance of his recall.

The only other distinct sound he could hear, was that of drops of water falling, at a routine pace. They seemed to have a soothing effect on his weathered soul..

His face was wet with tears. His entire body was weak, and he lacked the slightest energy to even move the smallest part of his body.

He lay there, face down.

Looking into the murky waters below, he saw the memories slowly fade within, into the depths of the waters.. Perhaps, to come another day, haunting him.

For now, they were retreating.

As he lay there, exhausted from being overwhelmed by the trauma just now, he calmed down..

Then he thought about everything till now..

In the past, he did stuffs that when he looked back, he regretted all them all. Though he could not remember everything in full detail, as he had suppressed the memories, the feeling was still there.. There was guilt, fear..

There was also loneliness, and.. sorrow.

At that time, they all looked normal to him. He had no sense of conscience.
His mother was at home depressed all day long, never wondered or asked where he had been.

His father had long since left home, never to return - even till now.

All the other children at Mt. Shirah landmass isolated him, and treated him as dirt.

So when he had wandered into the alleyways of the Chinese landmass, nobody told him the people he'll take for friends would lead him far astray from the path. After all, they were the only people who accepted him.

Nobody told him one day he'll regret.

The time he met the scholar, he had been long dirtied by sins. His hands weren't clean, and so was his mind.

His heart, - the worst of all.

Al Iskandarī never saw what you actually looked like in the past. He never knew the depths to which you'd reached in the realms of sin!

He heard a voice shout at him through the void, but he couldn't raise his head, how much more locate it..

The voice laughed at him in the dark, as it mercilessly slaughtered his conscience.

If he had known, would he have accepted you as his pupil?

You're worthless.

You're a sinner, and -

You can never escape your fate.