Ar Rahmân! (It is He) who has taught the Qur'an..

Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu. A little something for us to reflect on in the month of the Qur'an, a Book of guidance for those who're al Muttaqîn.

After reading this piece, you can read the previous crescent again, perhaps an understanding of Arkaan's state may be comprehended...

Without a doubt, the Qur'an is a great blessing, a source of spiritual abundance and prosperity for mankind.

"The Most Gracious(Ar Rahmân)! It is He who has taught the Qur'an. He has created man: He has taught him an intelligent speech."
(Rahmân, 55: 1-4)

With this revelation, Allah the Almighty states that, religion(Ad Dîn) and the Qur'an are the essence of life for mankind.., that they are the reason for creation.

Allah the Almighty makes clear that in the contents of the glorified Qur'an, saying: "This is the Book; in it is guidance without doubt, to those who fear Allah." (Baqarah, 2:2)

We must scrutinize our actions in accordance with this verse and evaluate our lives by asking ourselves,

how will we be questioned in the grave..

and

what will our eternal life in the Hereafter be like?

What will our condition be on the Day of Judgment when the universe has been destroyed..

and

where will we be on that day of great power?

How should we live in this world, in order to survive those moments of horror, and the Day of Judgement safely?

•••

What lessons can we gain from the words of 'Umar bin 'Abdulaziz,

"Prepare for the Afterlife in accordance with how you hope it to be"?

The Qur'an is our guide in all these questions on the eternal journey; it is the guidance to the questions and their answers, it is the guideline for taqwâ.

The paths from the heart that lead to the depths of the Qur'an begin to widen, in relation to the level of taqwâ reached by a believer.

The emotions of a person become refined and delicate, and they drift away from egoistical desires, and in so doing become closer to Allah.

Allah becomes their "eyes with which they see, their ears with which they hear, and their hearts of purity".

By doing this, contemplation deepens and (one) becomes conversant with the language of the blooming flowers, the singing birds, and the fruit trees.

By reflecting this grace, dignity and kindness in their spiritual lives, people are granted souls of goodness.

These are the pious ones who are praised in the Qur'an..

They resemble the flowing rivers that have given life over the years, to thousands of living creatures, to humans, trees, roses and flowers of every kind.

Their destination is reunion with Allah in the ocean of eternity.

Therefore, in essence, taqwâ is the first step of closeness to Allah.

•••

The Qur'an tells people of taqwâ that they should:

SEEK THE MEANS OF APPROACHING HIM

Allah says in the Qur'an:"O ye who believe! Do your duty to Allah, seek the means of approach unto Him, and strive(with might and main) in His cause that ye may prosper."
(Mâ'idah, 5:35)

What are the true ways to come closer to Allah?

The purification of the ego, refinement of the soul, obedience, worship, love for the Divine in the heart, the increase of love and fear before His Divine Supremacy.

Allah the Almighty wants us to investigate these means.

He has revealed to us that the real goal we should give importance to and concentrate on - our true future - is the Hereafter.

This present world is only a tiny drop in the ocean, in comparison to eternity.

The Qur'an tells us that on the Day of Judgment, we will be asked on how we lived our lives.

We will answer that we only lived for a day, or half a day.

We are required by Allah Almighty to exert ourselves in life, to gain even the smallest drop of taqwâ that may facilitate for us the attainment of the Ocean of Paradise.

But what is the extent of this exertion?...

The level of taqwâ expected from us is,

____

that amount which suffices us to stand before Allah's magnificence in honour, and with some worth!

__________________________________

This written piece is from an extract of Osman Nuri Topbas'

"Ikhlâs and Taqwâ(Sincerity and Piety)"

Alhamdulilaah, I was able to design the map of Al Qalb-ul-Ard, and important surrounding territories.

Here it is;