Crescent 21: Nine Flowers Heaven(2)

"And who would be their teacher?"The Grand Elder of Al Ilyâsin tribe asked calmly.

"Ukashah and Zakariyya have decided to handle everything from teaching of the Qur'an and its memorization to tafsir and ahadith lessons.

It's going to include Tajweed, Tilâwah, Lughatul-Arabiyyah, Tahfiz wa Murâjah and Tafsir."

The Grand elder of Al Ilyâsin had his aged hand stroking his great white beard as he spoke in thought,

"South district's halaqah had been the best aforetime. Even without an associate-school, they rose to singlehandedly conquer all the halaqât of Tâ Hâ and beyond.

They were the crème de la crème."He sighed.

"If only the event of the Ha Mîm towns had not occurred, we'd have been in glory over all Qalb-ul-Ard by now.."

He looked at the expectant Hajj Ya'qûb tiredly,"I don't know, but letting kids as young as they're to handle such matters..

But once you, Hajj Ya'qûb says so.. I think I can also place my belief in the young'uns"He gave a radiant smile which made Hajj Ya'qûb heave a sigh in relief. He didn't even know he was tensed up waiting for this old man's reply till his shoulders visibly relaxed and came down.

The Presiding Grand elder's approval was important because it'd make it easier to fight for the South district halaqah once the West tribal elders began encroaching to cause trouble.

Especially since the position of Presiding elder would be handed over to the Grand elder of Banu Al Haris by the month's ending. Then, things would become troublesome. Even with the support of the only elder from the four tribes who cared, and even with his position as Presiding Grand elder, he knew they would not let things lie..

"One Halaqah, and the whole house seems turned upside down.. Hmm, Tâ Hâ really has its priorities set straight. Even the issue of an assassination guild using your island city as their main hideout couldn't raise much concern as this."

Clap!clap!clap!

Arman Shah kept clapping and then adjusted his spectacles on his face,"I'm disappointed. Why should it then seem strange the King and his predecessors treated you for play.."

"Arman Shah!"This time it was Hajj Ya'qûb's voice that carried the rebuke."You should at least respect yourself. If you'll not play the game of hypocrite on our side in our contention with the Capital, then you'd do well to mind your words in this gathering."

"I would always wonder where Tâ Hâ got so bold so as to think they could talk about the Monarch in this way, but I guess it's all because of his forbearance with your City considering the matter that happened years ago.

You of all, Hajj Ya'qûb.., to be so bold. Don't let something that happened years ago get into your head.

The Monarch is a changed man now and cares deeply about family. As of the moment he has a lot on his mind especially due to his daughter's sickness and his search for that cure the saints' talk about.

I say - you, especially be careful. He might not hesitate to lash his anger out on you if he gets a whiff of your arrogance.