Crescent 8: The Challenge Of Eastern Waterfall(3)

"Yes, Elder brother. Remember, this team consists of Al Maghribi brothers; if they were to step in and anything happened, they have the support of their father who is a member of the City council. Let it be, we can later catch him somewhere and teach him a lesson of his life!"، Olive-skinned Mahâsin whispered in Abdul Majid's ear, whilst restraining him.

"Look. No need to get riled up, alright. I just wanted to introduce myself." Arkaan smiled amiably." I'm Arkaan, nice to meet you too. Jeez, I never thought you lacked simple and common decorum"، Arkaan said, shaking his head disapprovingly, obviously taunting them" With all your bragging about being the fast-rising stars of Tâ Hâ, I thought your propriety increased with that. I never thought you'd just be a bunch of good-for-nothing empty barrels blowing your trumpets ~."

At this, those in the lead of Abdul Majid's group suddenly surged with intense rage as they reclimbed the stairs, to head for Arkaan. Even as they did so, Zak, Ukashah, Harun, and Musa stepped down to block their way." Our beef is not with you, Maghribi brothers, step aside! "، Kifayat roared.

"Arkaan is a guest of Al Maghribi family, and whoever dares to harm a guest of Al Maghribi family becomes an adversary of ours"، Musa's voice suddenly iced up. He was quiet for a long while now. Seeing Arkaan act-up and vent his own feelings which he felt within, he couldn't be more grateful, and thus stood-up for him. No matter what, in the whole city of Tâ Hâ, after the four native tribes, the next most feared family clan was the Al Maghribi, who were also part of the city council; so no one who was an ordinary citizen would dare to challenge them." Do you dare to be our adversary! "At that time, the advancing group suddenly halted, unsure of their resolve.

Arkaan looked down at everyone reservedly. His wild eyes of defiance shone with brilliance as he suddenly came to an understanding of the influence of the Al Maghribi family. They were a reserved, kind and hospitable family, but if anyone dared to cross their limits with them, they would not hold back in seeking retribution and justice, even for the 'weak' under their care.
"No wonder they were ashamed at Haashim's behaviour earlier. They may be reserved and kind, but they do not tolerate oppression! "Arkaan thought with amazement" guess I should ride on that for now, as plan C."

"Look... I'm just giving you back all your words, okay. If you can't stomach them, just admit defeat."، Arkaan said, as if he had been unjustly wronged,"Ten guys coming to gang up on one. Aren't you lot ashamed?" He sighed helplessly.
The Maghribi brothers looked back at Arkaan wryly. It was as if they were meeting him for the first time. Earlier, they couldn't say anything because; it was true. The South district halaqah had degenerated, and for two years now. There was no hope of it coming back; for when the scholar left, he carried with him their spirit and soon after, others began to leave.

Even though Harun, Musa, and Abdullah weren't a part of the previous halaqah due to various reasons, they still had to stand by Ukashah and Zak, the sole remaining students of the halaqah, to give morale against the Eastern Waterfall just now. Also, Zak was their half-brother with Abdullah, and 'family sticks together' as their father had instilled in them since childhood.
"Okay, look ~"، Arkaan said, his arms raised apart in nonresistance," If you really wish to save your face, and prove you're not just empty barrels, you must first defeat 'Inâbah' in a Qur'an competition, right. As the saying goes 'Recitation speaks louder than arms...or was it actions speak louder than muscles...well, forget it!" Arkaan said as he slang his arm around Abdul Majid's shoulder, whom he'd walked towards.
He never would have done this before; now having assessed the situation though ~~. Abdul Majid was boiling within, but looking at the cold-calmness with which the Maghribi brothers looked at him, he didn't attack.

"Yaa Akhii, you're right! Even if the South district halaqah are a 'bunch of losers who do not know what's good for them', I've never heard of the Eastern Waterfall halaqah defeating them in a Qur'an competition before, though I've heard and seen many between the two! If the esteemed Eastern Waterfall halaqah think 'Inâbah' is far below them, whilst they've never won a competition between the two, this is indeed shameful blowing of one's trumpet, without anything to back it!"، a shrill small voice of Abdullah floated in the clear wind, sounding like music in all ears.
"In my estimation, even if 'Inâbah' was still dwelling on past glory and demanding people's respect, it's way better than Eastern Waterfall halaqah who have nothing to flaunt for, and yet openly come to brag about one prodigy. Tsk tsk, our Maghribi family is famous for producing great scholars, alright. Thank Allah, you've received one of ours to save face. Your sincere condolences for your ownselves, even a 'low' beggar would look at you in disdain, much less pity you!" He looked up in the defiance of a little grand scholar.