Crescent 39: The Orphan..(2)[Little Green's Three Gems]

The little jinn sat upon the terrace of the building, his legs dangling off

The little jinn sat upon the terrace of the building, his legs dangling off. He watched the boy enter quickly pass the threshold of the house and smirked-he had not used the 'Basmallah' and the 'Salaam', in his haste. Not that it'd stop him anyway, but the shayaateen could easily get inside.

He leaned against one window, listening to the one-sided conversation."Oh! How sentimental!"He thought, wiping fake tears. When he was sure the boy was lost in his own conversation with his non-responsive mother, he glided into the room(not that he would see him anyway, but how would he explain the disappearing chicken), and whisked the package away.

As he sauntered away, happily mimicking Arkaan's earlier behaviour and even whistling the same hum with the package in hand, he happened to spot Junnah-the Sayyidah. He paused. She was moving his way. He quickly tried to retrace his route, but ended up colliding into her black garment the moment he turned.

"Oh! It's Elder sister! Fancy meeting you here. What a pleasant coincidence, wouldn't you say!?"Little green chirped, a fawning expression graced his winsome face quite seamlessly.

"It is, indeed! Considering the fact that you didn't just turn the other way upon seeing me."She said in the same cheer, then raised an eyebrow,"What're you up to, Little green?"

"I was just on my way to break the fast. The fasting this year has been quite tough, wouldn't you say?! You're welcome to join me, elder sister!"Little green smiled.

"Well oh my, Little green-I never knew you had began taking the injunctions of Islam so seriously! -Cut the crap, Little jinn! What are you hiding from me?!"Junnah made a stern expression.

Little green shifted nervously, putting his small hands behind him. However, even as Junnah's eyes squinted at the large package he had unsuccessfully tried to hide from her, he disappeared in a blast of wind.

The little jinn continued running, the air shifted with him. If not for the package, he would have taken an animal form and gotten away from Junnah.

He looked back as he approached a cliff on the island, overlooking the sea. She wasn't there.

He paused and sighed, turning back to look at his catch, only to have it whisked expertly away from him, and him being hoisted into the air, dangling dangerously near the surface of the sea. He looked down and saw the murky waters crashing violently against the rocks down below. Even though he was a jinn, he hadn't yet learnt how jinns dived to the depths of oceans and back. Since he was in human form, if he fell, he'd drown. He gulped, turning back to the black-garbed figure who held him high up with one hand. Her other hand brought the package close, sniffing the contents.