Crescent 22: Echoes from the past(4)[Myriad heart reflections...]

As-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh..

Eid Mubarak to y'all!
Taqabbalallahu minna Wa minkum!

Alhamdulilaah, I'm releasing the last two parts of Crescent 22(Echoes from the past...) as our Eidi, one for those who celebrated Eid yesterday, and the other for those celebrating today:D :D :D

Hope you enjoy!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She walked along the corridor, silently, like a radiant fairy in the moonlight. Her destination was the room where she knew her sister was still awake, from the lights which were still on.

She had helped her younger sister with her murâjah as always, that night. Having gone out for some one or two things, she was returning to her room, only to see Maryam's door slightly opened, the luminous lights spilling from the aperture.

"aap vahaan baithakar apanee paayal ko itanee sahajata se kyon dekh rahe hain?(Why are you sitting there staring so intently at your anklet?)"The silvery complexioned girl said.
Whenever they two were alone, they resorted to using their mother tongue.

Even though they were essentially born and raised in Tâ Hâ, they learnt their native language from their mother, except for Aasiyah.
At times like this, it'd just flow naturally.

She stood at the entrance to her younger sister's bedroom, her expressionless face suddenly morphed a teasing smile, which increased her beauty in several degrees.

"kisee ko lagata hai ki aap apane ateet se ek premee ko yaad kar rahe hain.(Somebody would think you're remembering a lover from your past.)"

Maryam sat against her pillow on the bed, she raised her head to look at Hayaa standing at her room's threshold,

"Elder sister Hayaa, kya aap us samay ko yaad karate hain jab main beemaar tha? .. aapane kaha tha ki ek ladaka ek baar eest ving mein is kamare mein daakhil hua tha.(Do you remember that time when I was ill?.. You said a boy once entered this room in the East wing..)"

Crossing the purple room, Hayaa approached Maryam,"I remember saying 'yah ek sapane jaisa lag raha tha(It seemed like a dream)'."

She raised her hands shrugging,"It all occurred so fast. He was in and disappeared the next moment, main kasam kha sakata tha yah ek spasht tha..(I could swear it was an apparition..) I wouldn't have seen had I even blinked an eye!

Don't think too much about it. I've thought of it as a dream since that time O-so long ago."

"ek sapana..(A dream..)"Maryam murmured, her eyes seemed to travel far. That's the way in which Arkaan seemed familiar to her. Apart from his intense green eyes that resembled the Lady Principal, everything about him - his features were all so familiar to her, except - it all felt like a dream..