10- Danger

So I am currently on a morning run.

Yeah yeah, after the whole Hunter thing in the forest, I probably shouldn't be out here, but like I said. I live under my own rules.

No one else's.

But seriously, who does he think he is? Telling me that I can't jog out in a public forest.

Like I'm gonna listen.

It's so peaceful out here in the mornings with the birds chirping. I wouldn't be able to stay away, this place calms me so much.

Although, I guess they didn't want to sing this morning, the only sound I hear is my black Nike shoes slapping on the pavement.

I will hear the odd leaves rustling with the wind, which I don't think much of.

I heard a twig snap.

I quickly spin around to not see anyone.

A squirrel?

No, they are to light to-

I get knocked out of my thoughts when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I quickly spin back around, to face someone.

I don't have a clue who he is.

He's a male, probably mid twenties? I'm not too sure. (Him below)

I blankly stare at him, until he breaks the silence

"What are you doing running out here?"

"I-uh, I always do." I say, but more as a question.

"It's not safe out here." He says.

Great, another Hunter.

I look deeply into his eyes, they look dark.

Not just because they're a dark brown, almost black, but they look dark. Like no emotion.

"I've been jogging out here forever, how is it n-," I try to say, but he interrupts me.

"I saw you talking with Cohen."

I don't know a Cohen.

"I think you are mistaken, I don't know a Cohen." I say. Suddenly feeling uncomfortable that his hand is still on my shoulder.

He takes his hand off of my shoulder and reaches into his pocket.

He pulls out a piece of paper.

"Is this not you?" He asks as he unfolds it.

It was one of the last things I thought it would be.

It was the picture of me and Hunter talking in the forest.

"That is what I meant by Cohen." He says before he stuffs the paper back in his pocket.

"I-uh. W-where did you get that?" I ask, stuttering, which I rarely do.