85- Getting Prepared

Today is Sunday, May thirteenth. This upcoming Saturday is prom.

I love how my school does it-the juniors always plan the entire thing. The theme, where it's held, food, drinks, decorations. Everything.

Which I am super excited for! It's being held in our school gym-but it'll be awesome.

The plans are, me and Lilli are getting our nails done on the Saturday of prom. Then, the boys are heading to the gangs house to get ready while me and Lilli have our house to ourselves to get our dresses on, our hair done and shoes on-and to do our makeup.

And, Noah and Kyle are taking Faith and Blair. Not that they have feelings for each other, but just that they felt bad that the boys were going by themselves-so they offered.

So they're going to stop here to get ready with us.

After we get ready, we'll go to the dance for a while. But then we're going out to a fancy restaurant.

We all have our thirty five dollar tickets to get into prom. But, we don't have dresses, shoes, a makeup plan, or even a hairstyle.

So that's what me and Lilli are doing today. We're going shopping for prom dresses and shoes.

Faith and Blair are meeting us at the mall.

After my small session of thinking, I stood up off of my bed. I grabbed my shoulder purse and my phone off of my vanity before walking out of my room.

I headed down the stairs, and Lilli followed after coming out of her room.

I don't know how we manage to always come out of our rooms at the same time.

Noah was sitting in the living room with Kyle... and on the other couch was a woman and a man.

"Mom? Dad?" I asked.

They immediately turned around and there sat my parents that I haven't seen for a year.

"There's my superstar!" My dad yelled, running over to me and putting me in a headlock, doing the same thing that Charlotte did.

"Ow! Dad, my hair!" I exclaimed.

He huffed and let go,

"Someone's turning into a lady."

I chuckled and hugged him, he hugged back.

We both pulled away and I looked at my mom who was now standing beside us.

She smiled at me,

"You're so beautiful."

She then pulled me into a hug, I hugged back.

I hate to admit it, but I've always been closer with my dad while Noah is closer with my mom.

"Lilli! How are you doing, sweetheart?" My mother asked letting go of me and pulling my best friend into a hug.

"I'm good, Momma Flores." She said, hugging back.

I chuckled, Lilli has always called my mom 'momma Flores' and my dad 'papa Flores'.

Kyle normally just calls them 'mom' and 'dad'. Since he doesn't really have parents...

He calls his actual parents 'mother' and 'father'.

They let go from the hug and my mom went and stood next to my dad.

"Where are you ladies headin'?" My dad asks us.