77- His Special Day

"Kate, are the pancakes done?" My twin brother asked me.

I nodded,

"Yup. So are the eggs, bacon and smoothies."

"Alright, what about his gifts? Are they wrapped and everything?" He rambled.

I chuckled,

"Noah, chill a bit. Everything is in place."

He rubbed the back of his neck and gave a slight smile,

"I know-it's just, ever since we were kids, he always told me that when he turned eighteen, he wanted the best day ever. His mom cooking him the best breakfast, then opening gifts from his family, then going to school and seeing his friends, then coming home to cake and a party."

I sighed... his mom isn't cooking the food, I am. But the party is set up. The whole gang is coming over, so about twenty people will be here. Some people I do and don't know.

But, other than who's cooking the food, everything else is in place.

We all had gotten him a gift, or two, or three...

He is one of my best friends! How do I not spoil him. Besides, I know that he would spoil us.

"It'll be great, Noah. You're an amazing friend to him." I assured him.

He nodded before walking out. But one thing was still going through my head, I honestly don't see what he's so worried about.

"Happy birthday, Kyle!" I heard Lilli exclaim from the bottom of the stairs.

I hurried to get the food set up, before Kyle came in.

"What's that smell?" A male voice-Birthday boys voice-asked.

"Breakfast." Lilli said, dragging on the 's' in 'breakfast'.

"You guys didn't have to make me anything." He told Lilli and Noah-I'm assuming.

"Trust me, we didn't cook it." Noah chuckled, before three pairs of footsteps came towards the kitchen.

Then they walked in.

"Happy birthday, Kyle!" I exclaimed, pulling him into a hug.

He chuckled while hugging back,

"Thanks, Little Flores."

I rolled my eyes before pulling away, he hasn't called me that since we were-like-twelve.

"You made food?" He asked, looking around the kitchen.

I slightly chuckled,

"Aren't I always making food?"

The three of them nodded before grabbing a plate and beginning to stack some food on them.

I went to the fridge and grabbed my iced coffee-which was now colder. Some of the ice had melted, though. So I opened up the freezer and tossed some fresh ice into my cup.

After that, I tiredly walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my bedroom.

I was up at four thirty this morning, and I could not fall asleep again. This is terrible, we have school and I'm going off of four hours of sleep.

I have my black leggings on with Noah's yellow adidas hoodie. (Below)

 (Below)