28- Why

"Order for Kaytlyn." The lady behind the counter says.

I set my drink down on the table before standing up off of my chair and walking up to the front counter.

I made my way through the crowd of people in line and I grabbed my tray of food.

I carefully made my way back through the crowd of people and back to my seat where I left my drink.

I set my tray of Taco Bell on the table before sitting down.

Taco Bell reminds me of when me and Noah were younger, before we were allowed to stay home by ourselves, our parents used to bring us here.

Speaking... well not speaking, thinking of Noah.

Thinking of Noah, it's been a couple of days since my whole mental breakdown.

Lilli convinced me to take a walk, get some food and take a breather, then come back home.

I began to eat my food, and every so often taking a drink of my root beer.

It tasted sweet, still extremely good, but sweeter than usual.

I shrugged it off and continued eating.

Once I was finished, I threw out my garbage and I headed out the doors of Taco Bell.

I started on my way home.

There was this game that me and Noah always used to play, on the sidewalk.

We would race down a straight road and try to not step on the cracks.

I smiled at the thought before I felt my eyes suddenly go heavy.

They just started to close, but I forced them open. My head went light, very light, and I began to fall to my side.

I tried to steady myself. But my balance was off.

Way off.

I fell to my knees and my eyes closed.

They wouldn't open again, no matter how hard I tried.

But once I felt the rest of me hit the ground, I was out like a light...

~~~

"Is she going to wake up, boss?"

"Of course she is, he didn't put that much in her drink."

"Would you guys shut up! She is going to wake up."

"And if she doesn't?"

"I will shoot you between the eyes if you keep talking."

"Damn bro, just asking."

"Zip it."

"What are we gonna do with her, though."

"What did I say, Jamie."

"Hey, its a reasonable question."

"I don't know yet! If we kill her, Darren's gang will come after us. If we treat her as one of us, she could easily become one of us. And if we treat her like a lady, Darren's gang will still come after us."

"So what do we do?"

"Did you not listen, Jamie? He said he doesn't know."

"Of course I listened, but she could be a good member..."

"Oh zip it, she is a part of Darren's gang, we can scare her into telling us thi-,"

"She is still a girl! She didn't want to be apart of the gang drama! So I don't want a part in her death, I sure hope you guys don't either."