34- Birthday

I woke up around ten this morning, with about six hours of sleep. I continued to go through my thoughts last night.

Lilli's words really stuck with me.

"From your heart, not your head."

Okay, but honestly, she should know better than anybody that I do not listen to my heart, it does not control the body, and you can't think with it. I'm not that good with metaphors but, I think I get the point.

My head is telling me that I should stay as far away as I can from Hunter, but then... metaphorically... If I were listening to my heart, although I can't... It will be telling me to go for him.

Lilli has always had her way with men, and maybe I should listen to her. Her advice might be my way of having a relationship.

Maybe listening to my head all of these years has stopped me from doing numerous things.

I would attempt to name them all, and I bet I could, but it seems that it really is true.

If I metaphorically think from my heart and not my head, I could do many things.

Or it might just get me killed.

"Hey Kaytlyn, wanna go into the forest in the middle of the night to catch a serial killer?"

"Sure thing! My heart is telling me that we will save many lives."

I chuckled.

"Yeah, not happening." I said to myself.

~~

I mentally groaned.

My period decided to show up today.

I shrugged it off, a box of tampons and I'm good.

After I got out of the shower and got ready for the day,(outfit and hair below) I headed downstairs for some food, although I wasn't too hungry.

"Mornin' sunshine." Kyle says sarcastically as I step off of the last step.

I let out a breathy chuckle and I make my way through the kitchen doorway.

Right that moment, right as I stepped foot in the kitchen, a loud, piercing scream echoed through my ears.

"Kaytlyn! You need to talk to him!"

I glared at Lilli.

"Shhh!" I exclaimed.

She immediately put her hand over her mouth.

Her eyes were saying sorry as Kyle and Noah walked in.

Lilli leaned back on the counter in defeat while I felt my face heat up.

Kyle and Noah looked at us confusingly.

"What just happened?" They asked in sync.

Me and Lilli shared a glance, somewhat of relief.