25- Are You Really

After a while of thinking... and deciding... and arguing with myself mentally...

It's been a couple days, so I am going to let Kyle and Noah explain.

That doesn't mean that I am forgiving them, I want to hear what they have to say.

After a little more debating, and a little more stalling, I got off of my butt and I headed downstairs.

As I reached the bottom, the boys heads turned in my direction from the living room.

I walked over and sat on the couch across from them before speaking up,

"Please explain."

Kyle and Noah share a glance before the silence was broken.

"We did it for your own good. For everyone's good. Being in this gang was our choice, and w-we don't regret it whatsoever. We really just needed a place to let loose and be with a bunch of other guys. Not that you and Lilli are bad, at all. W-we just needed a group of guys to... rely on." Noah says quickly but cautiously.

I kind of... didn't know what to say.

He was being honest, completely honest.

I got snapped out of my trance when Kyle breaks the silence,

"We've been in the gang for about two years."

I nodded my head, not having any other action that I could do.

I kept my eyes on the floor the whole time, and I continued to as I thought. Why would they keep this from me? Why would they keep it from me and Lilli? I thought they trusted us.

Then it hit me.

It hit me like a bullet.

I kept pretty much the same secret from them.

"Why did you keep this from me and Lilli?" I question quickly.

"We didn't want you to get involved with the gang life. Especially since it's extremely dangerous at times." Noah quickly answered.

I nodded my head, understanding what they were saying. But I wasn't agreeing.

"I'm not forgiving you guys, but I am understanding." I state.

The boys' eyes droop down to the ground with slight sadness before they nod their heads.

I stand up and begin to make my way back upstairs, but before I left the boys, I knew that I had to say something else. I wasn't going to leave them like this.

"And, I'm sorry for not telling you guys about Hunter, all you guys ever wanted was to... keep me and Lilli safe." I say slowly, tears slightly forming in my eyes.

Then I quickly made my way up the staircase and in my room.

I shut my door and stormed over to my bed before flopping down.

I needed to let them fall, I didn't want to. But I needed to.

I let every tear I had left, I let them fall. I guess everything that has happened, I kept it all back.

I guess it was down to the last straw, and that last straw was the boys explaining why they did what they did.

I thought...

I thought that they were horrible for keeping their secret.

But they were doing it to protect us... to protect me...

Now I'm the bad person in all of this.

Stand up off of my bed and I head into my bathroom.(Bathroom above)