29- Regret

My body was picked up off of the hard, cold, pavement floor and began moving to another place.

I continued to pretend to sleep, so whoever this person was wouldn't get scared and drop me.

I could smell cologne, very strong cologne.

So my guess is that it is a guy, but I wasn't about to judge...

Kaytlyn!

What the hell are you thinking?

You were kidnaped and are now in the house of a guys gang. And all your thinking about is the fact that you are being carried somewhere? And if that person is male or female?!

Okay, my conscience was right, but seriously;

Who the hell just picked me up.

After I don't know how long of being carried like a baby, I was set on something hard.

Not like pavement, more like a table or a wooden floor.

I kept my eyes closed as I heard someone rummaging through a drawer of some sort.

"Yo, what are you do-," a voice loudly said as their footsteps got closer, then they stopped.

"Sorry, what are you doing?" The same voice said, but quieter.

Thoughtful?

"Looking for a first aid kit." Another voice replied, most likely the one that was rummaging through the drawer.

"What, why? Boss will kill you if he sees you helping her." The voice said as I heard the drawer close.

"He can stick it, I'm helping her." The drawer voice said.

"Alright, I'll be in the living room with everyone else." He said before his loud footsteps got quieter until they became non-existent.

Not wanting to go through with this any longer, I slowly began to open my eyes.

Blinking as they met the bright, natural lighting in what looks like a kitchen.

"Hey Cupcake, you're safe and everything is okay." The drawer voice said, that I now recognize as Kaleb's.

I opened my mouth to say something, but then I stopped myself and sat up instead.

"I'm just going to clean you up a little, is that okay?" He asked.

I nodded my head as he walked over with a small wipe.

"Close your eyes." He said, holding his arm upwards so he could use the wipe.

I did as I was told.

He began to wipe around my face, cleaning cuts that I didn't know I had.

He wiped over the one I actually knew about, I slightly hissed in pain due to the stinging sensation.

"Sorry, that is the worst of it." Kaleb said before continuing to clean out my cuts.

After he was finished, he turned around and headed over to the kitchen island. (Kitchen above)

Gathering things up, Kaleb put the first aid kit back where he got it, I'm assuming.

He stopped and looked at me.

"Why are you being chill about this?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"I didn't think that you guys would hurt me too bad; but after what that one guy did, I'm now prepared for the worst." I replied.

He nodded his head before adding,

"You were asleep for 2 days in the basement."

My jaw dropped.

"Actually?" I questioned, surprised.

Kaleb nodded his head.

My eyes widened, that guy did worse damage to my head than I thought.

"I'm kind of surprised that Hunter hasn't tracked us down yet." Kaleb said.

I gave him a questioning look.

"What I mean is, no one is looking for you." He says.

My heart kind of dropped at the thought, but in my head I knew that someone must have been.

Kaleb smirked before walking out of the kitchen.

I narrowed my eyes, he was being so nice?

Yeah, right.

He's two-faced. I hate people like that, seriously. One minute they're the nicest person ever and the next you just want to slap them i-

Within seconds, the kitchen window was in one piece, then it was shattered.

I shot my head in that direction while hopping off of the kitchen table.

There stood Darren and his gang.

I had a sudden wave of happiness, relief, hope.

Kaleb and the rest of his gang, including the guy that stuck me in the basement, rushed in with guns.

"What do we have here." Kaleb stated as Darren hopped in through the window.

"Listen, just give us Kaytlyn, and we'll leave." Darren said with dark eyes.

"Not so fast, you owe us something." The guy who put me in the basement said.

"Boss, what does he owe us?" Kaleb asked.

"Zip it, you're not getting her." Kalebs boss, also known as the violent guy says.

They're making it sound like I'm an item, like I'm just an item.

Everyone was silent, until I broke it.

"I'm not an item, so don't make it sound like I am."

Kaleb and their boss looked at me.

"You think that you can just talk to us like that, Cupcake? That's not how it works around here, so you are going to go back into the basement and s-," Kaleb trues to say, but Hunter cut him off while he walked in through the front door with three other guys, and they all had guns as well.

"She is right, she isn't an item, and we are taking her with us."

Kaleb's boss harshly pulls me aside, and holds something metal and cold against my forehead.

A gun.

I sucked in a breath of air.

"Hey, hey, hey. We don't want any trouble, we just want Kaytlyn." Darren said, walking closer to us.

"Take a step closer, and I'll blow her head off." Their boss said.

"Actually," I started,

"You cannot blow my head off from my forehead, you would have to shoot at the base off my skull to detach it, then you would be able to blow it off." I finished before kicking their boss in the knee.

I pulled his wrist forward and flipped him over while I spun around.

He landed on the ground and I was able to hit his wrist to the left and his gun to the right with my other hand.

I gained hold of the gun and I quickly made my way closer to where Darren was standing.

Kaleb and the rest of their gang didn't move an inch throughout that whole thing.

"You're going to regret that." Kaleb says.

__________________________