89- Mixed Feelings

Saturday, June second. Two weeks after prom. One day after the fight.

I still don't understand who's to blame for this. I don't know if it's my fault for not telling them, or theirs.

Whatever. My morning jog thoughts are always all over the place.

That's right! I am jogging. Outside, instead of on the treadmill. It would've been too loud.

Hunter and Dylan stayed the night, I guess... because when I left for the run, Hunters BMW still sat in our driveway.

"Kaytlyn?" A deep, male voice called from behind me.

I spun around, expecting to see Hunter or Dylan. But it was Kaleb...

"I'm not lookin' for a fight, or to be kidnapped." I told him quickly, backing away.

"Well, neither am I." He said. He was telling the truth.

I knew that because my dad always liked psychology, so he taught me to be able to tell when someone is lying or telling the truth.

Kaleb was telling the truth.

I stopped walking completely,

"What are you doing out here at six in the morning?"

"Walking around, what about you? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" He answered.

I shrugged,

"Probably. But a lot of stuff went down yesterday... just clearing my head."

He nodded, understanding.

I sighed,

"It's just gettin' to me, I guess."

He nodded, and looked at me with sympathy. What the hell is he on? Damn. Not too long ago I beat up one of his gang members.

"Don't let it get to you. You never want to show your enemy weakness." He told me.

I frowned in confusion,

"They're not my enemies."

"I know. But every time that you argue with someone, they become an enemy in that moment. You know that." He said.

I nodded, I do know that...

"How am I supposed to not let it get to me?" I asked.

He cracked a small smile,

"Do what makes you happy, and you'll forget about whatever is going on. Then, you can go back to it and think about it with a clear mind."

I nodded the entire time that he said that, it makes a lot of sense.

"Or," he started,

"Talk to someone you really trust who isn't involved. Then they can give you their perspective."

Darren. The first name that came to mind. Darren.

"Thanks, Kaleb." I said.

He nodded and did some type of salute thing, before walking past me.

I sprinted past streets, cars, houses. All of the above until I made it back to my house.

I went around the back, and climbed up the tree that leads to my window.

My hands slid my window open and I climbed in, needing a shower.

I closed my window and went into my bathroom. I got the water to a warm temperature before stripping out of my jogging outfit and stepping in.