30- Safe?

"You're going to regret that." Kaleb says.

Kaleb's boss gives his gang a hand signal which made them all walk out of the kitchen.

I had no idea what it meant, but I immediately spun around and went out through the window, trying to dodge any sharp glass pieces.

The first person I saw was Dylan, then I saw the rest of Darren's gang.

They all looked at me with worry, yet sadness.

I ran into Dylan's arms, not thinking about my actions, but I knew that I needed a hug.

I held his torso tightly with my head in the crook of his neck while he held me tightly in his grasp.

I opened my mouth to say 'thank you', but Dylan knows me too well.

"Don't thank us." He said as he continued to hold me.

I closed my eyes, I felt safe.

Closing my eyes in their basement, it was different, I felt that I needed to keep my eyes open at all times.

But in Dylan's arms, I felt safer than ever.

Well, safer than I have the past couple of days. In my house, in my room, in my bed, that's where I feel safest.

And that's where I wanted to go.

I heard the faint voices of a few different people, but they were not clear.

They sounded so close though, as if they were right beside me.

But I could not even recognize who was talking.

Unfortunately, I could feel my own grip around Dylan's torso get looser.

Dylan's grip around me got tighter as my grip almost became completely loose.

And the last thing I remember, the last voice I remember, that last word I heard, was the voice of Hunter approaching.

"Kaytlyn..." He said, that was the last thing I heard, that I remembered, before I lost consciousness.

~~~

"You guys let my sister get kidnapped!"

"Man, we already told you, we weren't with her..."

"Save it! You lead her into all of this!"

"It was my fault! I told her that she needed to get out and grab a bite to eat..."

"Don't blame yourself for this, Lilli. It's nobody's fault."

"But it is! These dimwits just let my sister, my twin sister, get kidnapped!"

"Don't call your own gang dimwits, Noah. We are the ones that saved her."

I tried to open my eyes, but they wouldn't.

I tried my hardest, they wouldn't open.

I'm either in a coma or medical coma... holy.

Hearing my brother, my brothers best friend that is like a brother to me, my best friend and the people that put me in danger yet the people that saved me argue over this, it hurt me more than Kalebs gang did.

I didn't hear Lilli's voice anymore, but I continued to hear the boys.

A warm, feminine hand then grabbed mine.

I knew it was Lilli's.

She grasped my hand hard, as the arguing of the boys got worse.

I felt the bed dip at my right side, then Lilli's voice whispered softly into my ear.