23- Everything Sucks

"Kaytlyn!" A high pitched voice screams, which immediately made me jump awake.

I groan as I pick up my phone to check the time.

"It's ten o'clock, Noah. What could you possibly want right now?" I ask grumpily.

Can I ever sleep in?

"I need to talk to you." He says before sitting down at the bottom of my bed.

"What about?" I question.

"What was going on at school. Ever since the day the the schools bad boys took you from class, you've been seeming more... distant." He says, keeping his focus on the ground.

Can I lie?

It's not lying if I don't say the whole truth... right?

"I wasn't lying when I said I have been having problems with them, but they're not the problem. In fact, they're trying to help me." I reply.

When I finished off that sentence, Noah's head shot up and his eyes met with mine.

"So you have been hanging out with the schools bad boys?" He states, sounding a little angry.

"Not hanging out with them, but we talk." I reply cautiously.

Noah shakes his head in disappointment before he gets off of my bed and storms out of my room.

I let out a sad sigh before I flop back down onto my pillow. I need more sleep.

Sometimes I just wish that I could sleep and never wake up..

Last night I stayed up too late watching Netflix, now I'm tired and I really, really, hope that I will be able to fall asleep again.

Summer is the time of messed up sleeping schedules and fun.

I continued with my thoughts as I felt my eyes get heavy, everything went black and then I was out like a light.

~~~

My body slowly awakens to a vibrating sound.

I knew it was my phone, I turned my ringtone off, but I left vibration on.

I lazily picked my phone up off of my shelf from where it was charging before looking at the lit up screen.

It's an incoming call from Dylan.

I mentally groan before answering.

"Hello." I say.

"Finally! You answered!" Dylan says with relief in his voice.

"I just woke up. In fact, you woke me up." I reply with my groggy, morning voice.

Dylan chuckles.

"Sorry, but anyways, I just wanted you to know that we have handled the text." He states.

"Oh, thanks for doing that." I reply, not really knowing what to say.

"You don't need to thank us." He states.

Maybe I just need a day away from everyone?

"So what are you up to today?" I suddenly ask.

"Uh-not much, I was coming out by the school to pick up a prescription for one of the members, then I was heading back home. What about you?" He answers.

"I was probably just going to go out for a walk on th-," I try to say, but Dylan cuts me off.

"Bad idea, why would you walk around town by yourself anyways?"