CHAPTER 11

Harry Styles

Once my driver pulled up outside of the café where I had a – successful – meeting, I got in and comfortable as I placed the seatbelt around my waist. My next destination was the Apple store because funnily enough, it had taken me one night out to lose my fucking phone. I didn't even bother calling up the bar or the club we were at because I didn't know where I could have lost it. There was no memory of it in my mind. It was a shitty one anyway – a 6plus. I was gonna upgrade sometime soon in the future so I guess fate really did slap my arse and told me to hurry up.

The process was easy as I just went for the basic black one, the XS Max. It was the newest so I thought I might as well go all out. They told me all that I knew already and they set it up as well which was nice and one less thing for me to worry about.

Just as I exited the shop and made my way back to the car, my driver told me he had been contacted by Charlotte to let me know I had someone waiting for me back at the office. It confused me because as far as I knew, I had no meetings until 1pm.

Throughout the journey, I just played around with my new phone as I set up my email and downloaded all the apps that were essential. Thankfully, the employee at the shop was able to deactivate my number on the old phone and get it back so I could use it for my new one. There was no way I could have texted all those contacts as I didn't have a magical memory.

However, my mind was able to remember most of the things that happened last night. Well, mainly whatever happened when Kensington was assigned to get my drunk arse home. Other than that, and how I had gotten to the club, nothing else was clear in between. I kind of hoped that I pulled Celia last night because she looked fucking hot then again, it didn't really matter because, like I said, I didn't remember anything.

The minute my feet walked me in the building, an employee was at my side, filling me in on what went wrong. I simply told them to stop the explanation because I had absolutely no idea what they were on about seeing as they attacked me with whatever was up out of nowhere. I told them to book one of those appointments through the company website for staff to come and see me but if it was important – like it needed to be done right there and then – drop me an email about it. Jamie and Charlotte were on email duty most of the time anyway and were skilled enough to deal with whatever was thrown at them. There was no doubt in my mind that they could have solved whatever the problem was.

Once I was on the floor of my office, I walked over to the top floor reception area which was more like an assistant area for Charlotte and Jamie to be at and meet clients at before they were let in to my office.

"Mr Styles," Charlotte stopped me. I walked over to her and placed my arms on the top of the counter top. "Your visitor is in your office. I hope you don't mind I let them wait for you inside."

"That's fine," I answered as my fingers drummed along the surface. "Should I be worried? Is it my mother?"

"No. It is not your mother," she chuckled. I smirked and pushed my body away from the furniture.

I swiped my card downwards which opened up my office. As soon as my eyes landed on a figure I did not expect to see, a small laughter escaped my lips. That action caught my visitor's attention therefore each one of my moves were followed closely with a burning gaze.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you on this lovely Monday afternoon?" I questioned as I sat down behind my desk. My legs were stretched out and apart as my index-finger flicked the end of the swinging sticks that were on my desk.

"I have one of those," she commented after she completely ignored my question. A smug smile tugged on my lips as I leaned on the arm of the chair with my left arm, my elbow propped up. I pressed my index and middle fingers against my lips whilst my eyes were set on her. My right arm was stretched out on the other arm rest.