CHAPTER 77

Harry Styles

Renleigh and I were set to leave for New York tonight because the fashion show was in two days. As far as I knew, most of her team was already there and ready for the event whereas we were both still at home. I have not seen her since my birthday and we haven't really spoke other than the few times we texted and called but I just reasoned it with the whole mess that the show brought along.

Which was why I decided to get her favourite food and visit her at work. She was bound to be there and I knew I would be able to catch her in-between meetings. I missed her quite a bit, especially since we spent so much time together lately and now, we didn't even see each other. It was weird, I felt strange having to go about my day without knowing when I would see her next.

I used her lift because it was easier and slightly quicker since it didn't have to stop on different levels. It still amazed me that she had that. I mean, it was very much like her—modern and unique, expensive and tasteful. Everything in this building was very high-tech, very futuristic and well-designed. Renleigh's mind was one of a kind, I could only imagine what she could do if she decided to design a house.

I pressed on the buzzer then I pressed it again and then the doors opened. There were two people sat from across Renleigh and I felt out of place as I rocked up to her office with a bag of food in my hands.

"I, uh, am I interrupting something?" I asked her, slightly confused as she excused herself from the men and walked over to me. "Are you alright? You seem stressed."

"What are you doing here?" she questioned me.

"I brought you lunch," I answered as the doors closed. "We haven't seen each other in a few days and I wondered how you were. Plus, we're leaving for New York soon."

"Right so we could've seen each other then," she replied. "You didn't need to come here—I didn't call or text to meet up because I'm busy as you have probably concluded."

"You are on edge. Why are you on edge?"

"I'm not on edge."

"I know you."

"Okay. I'm on edge. Things are getting out of control and I'm losing time chatting to you so why don't you go back to work and let me deal with my shit, hm?" she sounded so stressed and close to a breakdown that I didn't even have it in me to argue with her. Especially when I took a better look at her and noticed how the bags that I haven't seen in absolute weeks, were now back under her eyes. Not to mention the shake of her hands which clearly indicated that she drank more coffee than what she was used to since she actually found time to eat and not replace her meals with the ice cold beverage.

"Tell them it's time for your break and come eat with me," I said as gently as I could yet the worry in my voice just overpowered everything and made it sound like an order. Which was something Renleigh didn't like and the fact that she was in this state, I knew she was going to snap.

"I'm gonna tell you this and I'm gonna tell you this once so listen carefully," she raised her hand and pointed her index finger at me. "No. Go home."

"Do you seriously think I'm going to leave when I know you are not okay?"

"Yes. You will. Because I asked you to. And because I don't need any more stress in my life before the fashion show."

"Why don't you let your COO deal with company stuff? Isn't that why you have one? So you don't stress yourself out and they can take most of the workload?" I threw questions at her and, again, she was not very fond of them. It was like my mind and mouth worked against each other.