CHAPTER 81

a.n. don't forget to vote and comment

• • •

Harry Styles

Life has been nothing but massive tides lately and I have absolutely no idea how I have managed to stay afloat. I mean, from my business growing to my personal life getting better yet certainly more complicated to where I stood this morning, it was just all so crazy.

This whole Louis case is still on going and no one actually knows when he will be taken care of for everything he has done. Renleigh gave everyone the week off at her headquarters and she completely shut the building for the time being. She clearly needed a reset and I was really glad she decided on this. Although, this didn't mean I saw her much. From what she told me, she was busy with helping her brother catch up with everything he missed from when he kept skipping class and she also have been hanging out with Zayn a lot. I didn't mind that, I was glad she had people other than me to be with yet all along, I just had this feeling in me that she ignored me on purpose.

She was meant to come over today and spend the night so we could go to the airport together in the morning. Our trip to Spain came around much quicker than anticipated and considering everything that happened, it was actually at a great timing.

I left work around an hour ago then sat in traffic for thirty minutes before I managed to get home. I still had things to pack for Spain which I really did not want to do at first. Then, as the time went by and I waited and waited for Renleigh, I put my suitcase together, ready to take in the morning.

Then, just as I began to wonder where the hell my girlfriend was, I heard the bell go off then Dax's paws against the floor as he got there before I did. I opened the door and it revealed Renleigh. She jumped a little when she noticed I stood there and it felt like she was being a bit awkward.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked and chuckled whilst I took a better look at her.

"Yeah, m'fine," she mumbled with a forced smile and pressed a kiss on my cheek. She wheeled her little personalised suitcase in my house like a cabin crew, straight past Dax, absolutely not bothered that the dog was all over her. She then—I'm assuming—got shaken out of her daze because she squatted down and petted my dog.

"Are you sure?" I looked at her weirdly. I noticed she got friendlier and friendlier with Dax each time she visited and I found out she was very good with him when she thought I wasn't present, but I never actually witnessed them being so close from... well, so close. "You are acting strange. Have I done something?"

"No... I mean, I'm good and no, you haven't done anything," she cleared up. I walked closer and she stood back up from Dax, her hands on her waist as she exhaled and her lips blew raspberries. Something bothered her. "There is, however, something I want to talk to you about."

"I'm all ears."

"Right... well, I'm not sure it's a good idea to tell you before we go on holiday."

"It won't let you rest and I can't lie, I am certainly intrigued to find out what you want to talk about. Sounds pretty serious."

"It is..."

"Okay, go on."

"I don't know how to start it or how it would be the most appropriate but basically, I might be moving to New York," she blurted in one go and I let out a breathy 'oh' at the sound of it. That was nothing I expected from her. "Yeah... nothing is set in stone but I think I want to do it."

"Well, this is certainly nothing like what I thought it would be," I chuckled, still sort of shocked. "How come? I mean, is it work or you just want to get away after everything that happened? Is it permanent or like a few month-long thing?"