CHAPTER 21

Harry Styles

She kissed me.

She fully leaned in, placed her sweet lips on mine and boom.

We kissed.

In my uncle's kitchen.

Just five minutes ago.

I still felt her lips on mine, the way they tingled against each other and they felt hot. Much like when I ate chili peppers and they put my mouth on fire. It felt just like that. It was madness. I thought about kissing her too fucking much and now it happened. I actually felt her lips on mine.

Even after we kissed, I still did. And I wanted to. Over and over and over and over again. So badly. But I had no idea if I could. What if it was only the wine? Hell, I knew it was the wine. She would not have kissed me had she been sober.

"Hal! Pick me up, can't see," my sister tugged on my shirt to get my attention once I was outside. Literally everyone was there, singing Happy Birthday to Romeo.

Family things were mad.

Curiously, I looked around the crowd – it was literally a massive sea of people surrounding my cousin – to find Kensington. With my sister in my arms and somewhat singing with the others, I felt my smirk grow on my lips once she got in my line of vision. She stood with my brother, her arm around his shoulder and his around her waist.

Why did that make my heart go crazy?

They both looked so comfortable around each other and like they had known each other for ages. Kensington seemed really relaxed and happy and so fucking different to how she was usually. There was not a single crease on her forehead or a line between her brows from furrowing them so much. There was no sign of a scowl or a grimace. It was all clear and smiley and so... different.

Had I known all she needed was to be around a family and attend a gathering, I would have freaking planned one for her. But I didn't. Because I knew nothing about her. Other than the few things she liked and enjoyed. It seemed as though she was a family person yet I had never seen a photo of her with her parents or brother – because she has a brother, too. I didn't even know his name.

And yet, she was out here being proper mates with my siblings. She knew so much about me but nothing at the same time. I let her in so close in such a short amount of time that it kind of scared me. I mean, she was around my family. My close family. Mother, father, siblings, grandparents, cousins...

"I fucking love your girlfriend," Mason said as soon as he walked up to me. I rolled my eyes and sighed, my arms crossed and he smirked. "No. Really. She smells good, too."

"She's not my girlfriend, Mason," I told him, slightly annoyed. At him. At the fact that she really was not my girlfriend.

"I might ask her out... she's so clever even when she's pissed. And she's stunning. Her eyes are all glossy and bring out the green in the-," then he quickly shut up as his eyes averted from me. Next to me. "Heyy", he said, a bit embarrassed.

Fuck off.

He had a proper crush on Kensington.

"I saw someone mix vodka in a massive jug of orange juice. Let me tell you, I'm buzzing," she laughed and my eyes widened. Like, they actually grew wider. The way she just... changed because she was pissed was so different. I mean, yeah, she got tipsy when we were in Italy and that day, she was cranky. But now... "Mason, you're sixteen, right?"

"Yeah. Why?" he asked curiously. Oh, no. Hell fucking no. She was not about to give alcohol to my brother.

"Kensington," I called her name and she whipped her head in my direction. She tilted her head, a cheeky smile on her lips as she tried to act like she wasn't about to do what we all knew she was about to do. I shook my head disapprovingly.