CHAPTER 41

Harry Styles

Leave it to me to say the wrong thing at the wrong time because I was sure to deliver.

Last night, when she stormed out of my room, I sat back down on my bed and regretted even breathing. With my back on the mattress, I replayed all that happened within seconds – we literally went from cuddling to screaming at each other, although, she did most of the work.

I understood where she came from. Completely. And I hated that I threw what she said back in her face. I had done that to my brother and I couldn't believe I had made that mistake again. Kensington had serious trust issues and all I did was make that worse for her by saying what I did. It made me want to punch myself in the face for it.

I told her she deserved the world and then I decided to be a right cunt about her not taking me home. It really shouldn't have affected me as much as it did. I guess my doubts got the best of me as my thoughts made me believe she was embarrassed of me due to our age difference or the name I held. Or she simply thought I was too much or wanted too much.

I did sound like an absolute arse when I brought his ex into the conversation.

Damn. I really did have to fuck up all the good things in my life, huh?

I fell asleep with that question in mind and I woke up with that question in mind. The realisation only hit me later that I passed out on my bed, sideways and I had no idea where Kensington was.

I raised my hands to cover my yawn as I walked down the stairs and before I even got fully down, I saw from the turn that she slept on my couch. The furniture was pushed together, much like the time she came over to look after me, two blankets on top of her as she was asleep. My heart flipped in my chest at the sight and it hurt me because she had to sleep down here on her own. Then I realised she was asleep and that made me happy. I highly doubted she had sleeping pills with her so she fell asleep on her own and that was so good.

Once I walked over to the kitchen, I tried to be as quiet as I possibly could be. My plans included not waking her up. Then I remembered our conversation last night and how she had to be at work today. I glanced at the oven, which had the time on it, the numbers changed to nine in the same moment.

I picked out a couple of grapes from the box I had in the fridge and as I popped them in my mouth, I walked over to her. I didn't really want her to go to work with us being in a funk but I also knew she would be even more upset if I would have stopped her from going in.

"Ren," I placed my hand on her and shook her a little bit as I squatted down to be face level with her. A few more strokes later, she began to open her eyes, first squinted at me and then let out a heavy sigh. "I know, darling, I'm sorry but you told me you want to go in today."

"Ah, fuck," she groaned as she rolled onto her back, her hands rubbed her eyes and I stood up. "Where is my phone?"

"I'm not sure... why do you need it?"

"To call my driver. I need a lift home to get ready," she yawned loudly as she pushed herself up on the couch.

"I'll drop you off."

"You don't need to, I'll be fine once my driver gets-,"

"Nonsense. I'm taking you home then to work, from where I'll get you and we'll go to dinner and talk about stuff, okay?"

"I don't want to go out, though," she told me with her sleepy voice. "We can talk, I guess, but no to a restaurant-dinner."

"How about I cook?"