CHAPTER 34

Renleigh Kensington

He was really out here calling me darling, sweetheart and his baby. His fucking baby. With his whole chest. Green eyes. Curly hair. Soft lips. Little stubble.

He was so fucking hot.

Or was that my gone-period speaking to me? Was that even a thing?

I had no idea but I couldn't deny it. He was hot. So hot. I would have even dared to call him beautiful. I never called men beautiful. Well, I did call Theo James beautiful. But that man truly was beautiful.

I guess Harry Styles could be added to that list.

A loud sigh left my lips as I found myself in my bed at ten am the day after the golf outing. Ever since I had gotten back on the sleeping pills, I have been waking up at ten am every day if not half ten. I guess my body really did need its sleep considering how I kept it from rest for so long.

My fridge was still fairly filled from when Styles came over and shopped for me and he did email me a few nice recipes that were easy to make. To be honest, I was never really big on cooking. I could live with the basic knowledge I had but honestly, I never did anything fancy that one would order at the restaurant.

That morning, or almost afternoon, I decided to just have a toast with Nutella and banana on it because I really fucking wanted it. It had been a while since I had something so sweet plus fruit, so I thought it was time.

But then whoever was above and controlled us, said that I should wait a little longer and my phone began to ring loudly. I groaned and left everything as it was to find my phone. I never really got calls from my personal unless my brother needed a lift or my parents remembered that I existed meaning they needed help with something. Considering how early it was, I knew my family was not an option and so I just felt it in my tits that Styles wanted something.

"What is it now? We just saw each other yesterday," I said with a monotone voice, not expecting anything back other than a laugh. But when that didn't come, I furrowed my eyebrows and listened closely. Then I heard sniffles. "Styles?"

"Can you come over?"

"What's up? Are you crying?"

"Please... I just need a hug," he sounded so broken I had no idea what to do. He wanted me but I felt so uncomfortable. I had no idea how to deal with him if I were to go over.

"Yeah... sure, I'll-, I'm on my way," I told him as I walked to my front door. I slipped into my sliders and grabbed my keys off of the hook before I left the house and locked the door. I guess my legs worked against my nervous thoughts. "Are you home?"

"Mhm."

"Okay... um, why are you crying? Should I be asking that now or when I'm there? Also, how am I going to get in? Will that man know to let me in?"

"Just tell him to- to let you in because you're coming to s-see me. I'll send a-a text now."

"Alright. I'll see you in a few then," I said and he mumbled a quiet okay before I buttoned him.

I didn't even realise what car keys I took, I just grabbed what was closest. It ended up being my Lambo which I didn't mind. That one had the address in it anyway from when I dropped him off after his night out so I could easily find his place.

It was so unclear to me as to why he called me when he was so sad. Like, I really had no idea how I was going to help him. Sure, he wanted a hug and I guess I knew how to hug someone. But after that, he might as well just send me home. It kind of made my heart hurt that I was going to be so useless when he was so down. He sounded terrible on the phone. I couldn't have explained it, really. His voice was really deep and hoarse and weak and he sounded like he was in the middle of crying and I hated that shit.