CHAPTER 91

a.n. don't forget to comment and vote

• • •

Harry Styles

It felt like everything turned upside down but there was no way for me to switch it back around. That had to be the most frustrating feeling ever, to know that there is nothing that could be done in order to make things right again. This is usually where the time heals all bullshit comes in and although it may have had some truth to it, it for sure didn't feel like it would help me in the moment.

It took almost two really long weeks to manage to convince Renleigh to go to therapy. Although, in her defence, she couldn't move from her bed for that long. She just didn't have the energy to get out of the sheets and actually do something. There were times when she would just lay there and cry silently because she didn't understand how this could have happened to her. She hated that sometimes, during the night—or even during the day—I would have to pick her up and take her to the toilet or help her shower because she was that exhausted. I was afraid she would completely shut down but after what felt like every day was just going to be worse than the one before, it all went away.

This was something completely new to both of us and going through it, genuinely felt like we were in a dark tunnel with no light at the end or above our heads.

I, now kind of ran two companies with mine needing attention from time to time and Liam needing some advice on certain things. Shutting Renleigh out completely would have been a mistake so we somehow managed to agree on some insight but absolutely no work at all. In all honesty, it was the therapist who told her that this is all she can do—give advice, sign a few papers and that is all. I didn't even want her to do that because I was there and Liam was there but then I knew she would have turned against me and tried to get back to work.

Almost a month later, no one knew we were together. We just didn't have the time to fill people in on what happened because it was still happening. Ren going to therapy made me realise that I needed someone to dump my problems on and because she was mentally not available and emotionally not ready to deal with my life, I decided to tag along and see a different person. Now, we went together and so far, we managed to get sessions that ran at the same time so, in a way, we could do it together. I knew she needed that push, that motivation to keep doing it. Talking to someone seemed to really help both of us, at least it put my mind to rest for the time being and allowed me to see things clearer.

Since I kind of moved to New York for the time being, I had to find a new personal trainer but honestly, that was the least of my worries and got it done pretty quickly. That going together with therapy, I felt like a new man, honestly. Working from New York was difficult at first because I wasn't used to a different timezone and people not being available at my very touch however, it all managed to work out eventually and now I had a pretty sick routine.

"Let's go," I whipped my head upwards as I sat on one of the chairs near reception. My session ended a bit earlier today because I had to come in before I was scheduled as everyone's time had been moved up. I was waiting for Renleigh for the past twenty minutes.

"How was it?" I asked her as I picked up my water bottle and we walked out of the building.

"Fine," she replied. "Yeah. It was fine."

"Okay, I'm glad it went well," I said, not bothered to push it further. We didn't discuss it a lot, after we left those sessions, we were just back to normal us. If either of us felt like talking about it then we did but it was never something that I made her tell me or the other way around.