CHAPTER 12

Renleigh Kensington

After my much-disliked trip to STYLES headquarters, I made it back to my office where I went straight upstairs and sat in my newly bought spinney-chair. I needed a new one because I sat out my other one and it wasn't comfortable.

As soon as my computer turned on, I clicked through everything that was left on the screen from before. Danielle had sent through an email which she got from the HR team, titled 'possible candidates' for a role as my second assistant. With the workload and my annoying bitch ass, another person was desperately needed to help Miss Jones out.

I skimmed through the final five people, three males and two females. They were asked back for an interview and attached to the email, there was a question about whether I would attend it and watch from the side-lines or if I wanted to hold the interviews myself. Since one of these people would be working for me specifically, I replied back saying I would do the interviews myself with Miss Jones present. She had to see them for herself as well, after all, she would work alongside whoever was the best.

Before the interview, there was an assessment day as well which, obviously, these five people passed. It wasn't the easiest assessment day to pass however, it was important. At least a hundred people applied from what I knew but along the way, most of them got sent home. I needed the best of the best for my company to blossom in every aspect.

Once that was out of the way, I got on with the rest of my duties. Just because I was a CEO didn't mean I didn't do anything. Surely, there were some who just employed a shit ton of people to get the work done for them and just approve of whatever, but that wasn't me. I was one hundred percent invested in this which I believed showed in everything I did. My work was outstanding – in my eyes, anyway – and although that should have let me rest, it only made me think of what I could do next and how could I make it bigger and better.

Two knocks on the door before it opened, revealed Danielle. She cleared her throat which made me glance up at her as I signed the paper form of the contract then slid it in the envelope.

"Miss Kensington, Mr Styles is here to see you," her words came out monotone and slipped through her red lipstick coated lips easily. My eyebrows furrowed at her statement and numerous scenarios of why he could have turned up filled my mind. "Shall I let him in?"

"What is he here for?"

"He didn't say. Just wished to see you."

I sighed before I answered. "Send him in, please."

But then as soon as he stepped in, I wished he didn't. He had a bag in his hand and I knew it was food that it hid because the smell of it instantly distributed in the office.

"It is rather rude ignoring emails," he told me as a matter of fact. But if I had to be honest, there was no email in my inbox from him. If he really did send me something, it probably went in my spam and honestly, I was more than ok with that.

"I didn't ignore any email. I was working my way through them."

"Hmm," he hummed as a smirk played on his lips. A grimace on my face, I watched as he placed the bag on my desk then took a seat opposite to me. His green eyes fanned across the room as he took in white walls and the massive windows behind me. "Your taste is weirdly similar to mine."

"If you say so."

"Shall I teach you some socialising manners or something? You're not really good at keeping a conversation going."

"Shall I lock you in a cell or something? You're not really good at staying the hell away from me."

"Wow," he laughed as I bit back. He so easily found his way onto my nerves and danced on them till his feet gave out. "Well. Anyway. Since you ignored my email – which was a plea for you to come to get food with me after you abruptly left me in my office – I decided I would take matters into my own hands. Which is why I brought myself and the food to you."