CHAPTER 55

Harry Styles

Being my own boss came with many-many great perks. Like access to a ton of parties – mainly to network – and women. It was harder to find men who were willing to let go of their pride and admit they were into both genders or perhaps only into one specific, then again, at the end of the day, everyone was up to date with everyone's business. So, really, getting someone in bed was not that challenging.

Unless your name was Renleigh Kensington.

I had a strong feeling she would turn up tonight, not for the benefits of networking but probably more so for the free drinks. We never attended things like this as each other's dates but I have seen her around these kind of events and she definitely wasn't one to turn down a dirty martini. Or a pornstar martini. Or any drink for that matter.

"Sir," the bartender caught my attention as he called out for me and placed the drink, I ordered in front of me. I nodded at him as a thank you then grabbed it as I turned around on the chair. One of my arms was propped up on my elbow as I lifted my other one to take a sip of my drink.

There were a lot of people, all dressed in expensive clothing – I caught a few in some of my suits from my older lines – and expensive accessories. It was all stuck-up people around and at some point, I felt like I fit right in. Now, as I sat on the side and looked around, I wondered why I was even there. Usually, I flirted my way through the night with the many women who accompanied all these businessmen but for some reason, it just didn't feel right. I didn't even have Celia with me, who I used to drag along to these things to basically allow her to make connections and make something out of herself. She had the potential, just needed a little push.

As I tilted my glass to let the familiar taste of the whiskey sit on my tongue, my eyes travelled over to a group of people who seemed to be interested in one thing only. Or, as I found out later, two.

Renleigh Kensington.

And Zayn Malik.

Together.

I scoffed as I watched them smile at people around them as they chatted. My eyes lingered on her body for way too long – to the point where I knew she felt my gaze on her but she never gave me the satisfaction of actually glancing over to me. Others gawked at her in the room, men with desires they thought she would be able to ease and women with such jealousy they were bound to turn green by the end of the night.

I didn't blame anyone for thinking that way.

She was stunning but most importantly, everything that these people wished to be.

The red trousers fit against her thighs perfectly but didn't cling to them to the point where it could have been uncomfortable for her. She had a burgundy lace top on with a rather daring V cut on the front, two straps held the piece on her body on her shoulders with a long necklace around her neck. She also seemed to have another one, a gold one, which she never really took off. At least, I never saw her without it. The whole fit was a match to mine in terms of colours and it made me smirk. I could already hear her voice in my head throwing some kind of shade at me for copying her without even knowing and I could already see her eyes sending arrows at me then setting me on fire.

Zayn Malik next to her looked good. They looked good together. Powerful. They were both hot and them together was just something else. The man had been known for his looks – he was one of the highest paid models in the industry and he was quite difficult to track down and work with seeing as he had his hands in one too many things that kept him busy – and as he arrived tonight with one of the biggest CEOs of the fashion world, they were bound to attract all the attention.