CHAPTER 54

Renleigh Kensington

From my old home, I flew straight to Dublin for a meeting then twenty-four hours later, I ended up in Europe for a conference. Spent about three days away from London before I could finally go home and prepare for the release of my project with Zayn Malik. That, obviously meant interviews and some appearances to start off the snowball effect. Most of the work would have to be done after Christmas because normal people took the time off to spend it with their families, whereas I was busy working my life away. Not that I found it to be a problem, I actually preferred hanging around like-minded people at parties.

With that being said, since my presence was not going to be at my family's lovely little get-together, I made sure their presents made up for it. Not that it really mattered to anyone – whether I was there or not – but in order to lighten the situation, I usually just sent gifts. That was what everyone cared about, anyway.

So, after a bit of travelling and important meetings – because let's face it, all of them are important – I was back at my office. Neck deep in emails that had been overlooked by my PA. Although, before I even had the chance to get into my work space or catch Miss Jones on the cameras and let her in, she did so herself as she swiped her card on the box outside and walked in.

"Miss Jones."

"Miss Kensington," she nodded towards me as she stood across from me, my desk between us. "I have some... news."

"Is this to do with the new line dropping next month?" I questioned. "I don't exactly have time to deal with anything else."

"Not quite," she sighed. "Rumours had been flying around for a while now, the ones regarding you and Mr Styles."

"I thought the PR team sorted those?" I raised my eyebrows curiously. Danielle took a seat and unlocked the iPad she held.

"They have. However, Mr Styles' recent outings do affect you, too," she told me and turned the device around so I could see what she had found. "Leaving parties with ladies on his arms did not only feed his image of being a womaniser but also damaged yours – you had been referred to as the 'poor girlfriend' who has no idea about any of the other women he has been... well, shagging."

I scoffed as I flicked through the screenshots of the articles, Styles being the main focus of them all. They did edit my face on a few, with circles and red coloured font all over it.

"You shouldn't have brought these here, Danielle," I told her sternly. "Take it to PR and let them deal with it. It is none of my concern. I don't pay them to sit around all day, do I?"

"No, of course, not," she agreed. "I felt as though you should see them. I am aware of the, let's just say, more intimate relationship you have had with Mr Styles in the past few weeks. I assumed you had no idea these articles existed because you've been all over the map recently."

"That's right – I have been all over the map recently and so I had no idea these were out there. Frankly, I don't care," I told her. "He is a free man – as of yesterday, actually – therefore he can do as he pleases."

"I understand."

"Great," I smiled. "Make sure my name is erased from the same sentence as his. I don't have time to deal with any negative press when I have the Malik line coming up."

She nodded and soon after that, left.

I couldn't fucking believe him. He was an absolute fucking joke. Going out, getting pissed and fucking around with anything that breathes, not even a day after the contract ended. It actually made me piss myself when I thought of how he admitted to loving me and then he fucked off after I finally got in bed with him. If I wasn't as tough as I was, I probably would have felt butthurt over him leaving as soon as he got to fuck me, but to be fair, I had done that to others before as well. I wasn't about to be hypocrite.