CHAPTER 85

a.n. don't forget to comment and vote

• • •

Harry Styles

There are certain things in life that need to be done in order for a better outcome to happen. I always thought that and I still think that. You have got to do what you have got to do and there is no question about it.

"Mr Styles, I looked through the finance sheets three times and there was no error. I'm not sure how this happened," one of my employees tried to excuse what happened but I didn't want to hear it. Excuses never solved anything, they only wasted time. Time that was precious. Especially when something got fucked up and a deadline was under our asses.

"So, you go through it five more times to ensure there really isn't any mistake," I said with a stern voice, busy signing a few papers and absolutely not bothered to look at the folder placed on the edge of my desk. I felt a bit like Renleigh, she was always so tough with her employees and accepted no mistakes. Her work ethic rubbed off on me more than I cared to admit so in situations like this, I was slightly taken aback. However, it got the work done for me so I didn't complain.

"Yes, sir," the man said and moments later, he was out the door. Perhaps my moodiness was needed in order to get shit done.

Then another round of knocks came and I became very irritated all of a sudden. Especially when my door opened and none other than Levi Johnson waltzed in like he owned the place. I dropped my pen on the desk and leaned back in my chair, my fingers intertwined on my stomach as I looked at my best friend with furrowed eyebrows.

"You forgot, haven't you?" he asked as soon as he sat down in the black leather chair, situated in front of me.

"No, I have not," I stated calmly.

"Yes, you fucking have," he argued back, a smirk grew on his face then he cleared his throat. "You were meant to pick me up an hour ago, we had a reservation for thirty minutes ago."

"I... I rescheduled. Charlotte must not have been able to get through to you."

"Save your bullshit for someone who cares," he rolled his eyes. He then leaned forward and tapped on my desk. "Gordon Ramsay restaurant. Three course meal. Now," he then stood up and walked towards my door.

"Hold on—what makes you think I have the time?"

"Because you always have time for your best friend," he shouted, half way out the door.

I huffed and closed my eyes for a few seconds. I needed to get out of this office. I sat in my chair since I got in at eight, it was now one in the afternoon. That is five hours on my arse, without a break yet it felt like five minutes. Whenever I drowned myself in work, the time seemed to just fly by—then again, this was my first time where I really jumped head first into everything. Something I took pride in was the way I worked. Following a schedule was important for me so that no little detail got lost within all the major ones.

"Johnson! Wait up," I shouted after him just before he got in the lift. I locked my office and jogged up to him, my hand pressed down on the tie I randomly decided to wear with with my shirt today then pressed the ground floor button when I was inside. "I don't know if I have time for a three-course meal but I am definitely hungry so we're going somewhere."

"Whatever is expensive," he sighed. "You will make up for missing out on our lunch."

"You sound like you're my girlfriend."

"Yes."

"What?" I laughed.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend," he sighed dramatically. "Since you're single and too pretty to be single, I will take you off the market."