CHAPTER 26

Renleigh Kensington

He was fuming with me. I could tell.

His eyes were dark green, his jaw was under way more pressure than it should have been as he bit down on his back teeth and he quite literally knocked my office doors down. For that, I wanted to shout at him but I had no time.

His lips pressed onto mine forcefully.

It caused my chest so heave up and down fast, my eyes widened and panic jolted through my body. My stomach stirred and my hands felt weak and as if they were ready to snap as I tried to push him away. I turned my head away and got away from him as fast as I could.

My chair rolled away from my desk, my ankle almost twisted when I moved because my feet weren't fully in my heels. Heavily, I inhaled and exhaled through my mouth and stared at Styles in fear.

Not because he was scary when he was angry.

But because his actions didn't provoke good memories.

"Are you fucking insane?" I asked him, my voice a bit shaky. His eyes widened at that and he tried to come closer as he placed his arm out, trying to reach me. "Fucking stay there!"

"Kensington, I-,"

"Who do you think you are? Coming in here and- and-," my words came to a halt stop as I felt my eyes began to water up.

Oh, hell fucking no.

I turned my head towards the ceiling and I fanned my eyes with my hands. My ankle began to ache as well, the one I almost twisted. My mouth burned from his on mine and I felt like throwing up. His touch was on my arm, strong and although he probably didn't mean to make me feel like this as he had no idea, I would react this way, it still happened.

"Kensington, what- what happened?"

"Don't," I said quietly. I sniffled as I tapped my fingers under my eyes just in case a fucking tear escaped. Through all this, I felt his stare on me. He followed my every move. "Just... leave me alone."

"What just happened then?"

"Ask yourself," I said sternly. "What the fucking hell made you think it was ok to barge in my office and- and force yourself onto me like that? Are you out of your fucking mind?" I ended up raising my voice at him, my frustration, fear, panic and memories stuffed in my brain.

"Hey- heyheyhey," he said swiftly and walked over to me as I almost crashed onto the floor. His arms were back around me, so much softer this time. But it still made me flinch when he was near me. "Ren, darling, breathe," he said gently and I hated this. I hated how he saw me in this state. I hated how he caused me to be in this state. "It's okay. I'm sorry," he whispered as he hugged me to his chest. His damn cologne was all up in my nose, completely blocked anything else out. His warmth was nice but also freaking strange. Along with my mind replaying images I didn't want to see again, I wasn't sure whether it was best for me to stay in his arms or stay away from him. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have done that... you just-, doesn't matter," he mumbled as he gave up the explanation. "Deep breaths, darling. In and out... yes. Perfect. In again," he said and did it with me. "Out... wonderful."

With time, I felt normal again. My breathing was fine, my head... not so much. I kind of felt tired. Definitely weak.

"C'mon," he mumbled once he stood up and pulled me with him. It was crazy how he was able to lift me. I was always told I was too heavy to be lifted. "Do you have a... here. Have a drink," he gave me my water bottle after I sat back down in my chair and I did.