CHAPTER 18

Renleigh Kensington

Anxiety filled my system and ran through my entire body from the minute my eyes opened. Little noises made me jump and I almost crashed my car when someone seemed to have sat on their horn behind me in order to hurry me up. A long line of curse words rolled off my tongue as my feet pressed down on the pedal and made a move, even though there was nothing more I wanted than to get out and smack whoever was behind me across the face.

When I got to work, the time seemed to fly by and when the clock hit eleven, the presentation began. Thankfully, I had a few other people there with me who helped out with this thing and that took a lot of pressure off my shoulders. Danielle being one of them, she seemed much more comfortable and used to giving presentations.

I had no idea why I was so nervous. I had meetings all the time where I sometimes had to present. This was no different therefore it made no sense as to why I felt this way.

Then again, I kinda wondered if someone in particular caused me to behave this way.

In the very back row, he was there. He kept his word and turned up on time. He wore a navy-blue suit that seemed to be a bit chrome-y when the light hit the material with a white shirt and red boots. He had his usual set of rings wrapped around his long fingers and I wondered if he ever took them off. He smelled great, as per usual, and it was so intense that all throughout the presentation, that was the only thing in my nose.

After Danielle finished talking – as I made sure my employees talked first so I could test out the audience – I was the next one to take the stage.

"Hello everyone," I started and decided to treat this as a meeting. But without as much business language. These kids were only sixteen or seventeen years of age, I highly doubted they would have understood me with it being so early as well. At least, teenagers thought eleven was early, right? "My name is Renleigh Kensington and I am the CEO of Kensington and Co. I'm not sure how much everyone knows about the company or if anyone knows anything which is why I prepared a presentation which includes all the basic information."

With the clicker in my hand, I went through the slides, although my attention never really focused on them. I knew that shit inside out. There was statistical data, too, which seemed to have impressed the teachers and a few students, too.

As the presentation went on, I got into it and with that, I also became a little hot. Or it might have been due to Styles' intense stare that never actually left my face. Every one of my moves were followed by his green eyes, especially when I took my maroon coloured blazer off which revealed the same coloured turtle neck and hugged my body tightly. My trousers matched, straight legged and a little shorter as they ended just under my ankles. I had a pair of nude heels on which went nicely with the dark outfit.

"Alright, so, I guess that concludes the company, where we are now and where I would like to see it go in the near future," I smiled after the little video ended. It was a summary of the company: some of our investors, vague plans, employees, whatever else. I had no idea if the students found it useful but the teachers seemed invested in it which was nice. "Does anyone have any questions?" that seemed to grab a few people's attention as their hands landed in the air. "Yes?"

"Um, how did you manage to build your company so quickly? Like, how did you become so successful almost right away?" a girl with brunette hair asked. She sounded rather interested which, again, was nice. For a short second, I thought it may have had been her who included me in her presentation.

"So, I have done a four-year degree at university and out of those years, I have spent one working in the industry. Funnily enough, I was actually an assistant," I looked at Danielle, who smiled back at me. "From that experience, I have taken away a lot of knowledge and also links. Networking is very important in our industry. Through those links, I have found many opportunities which thankfully led me to a successful company of my own."