CHAPTER 98

a.n. don't forget to comment n vote 

• • •

Renleigh Kensington

I guess I was a house owner now.

Well, a villa owner.

But technically, it was a house. So, that's right.

I was a house owner. Partly. Harry owned it, too.

We owned it together.

• • •

"Basically, I know that this might sound sudden and you have every right to say no to this," Harry started rambling once we finished our main course and were waiting for another bottle of wine and whatever dessert he ordered us.

"Oh, gosh," I chuckled as I leaned on my elbow and placed my chin in it. I patiently waited for him to finally blurt it out because I knew he was nervous. "Go on, I'm listening."

"How do you like the place?" he asked.

"France, the restaurant or the house?"

"Uh... all of the above," he smiled.

"Well... I have never been here so it was a nice experience. Also, we couldn't really explore much so I guess we'd have to come back for more," I listed. "This restaurant is cute and I liked my food, then again, I eat everything that's edible so I guess I wouldn't have minded if we ate some kind of street food or apples. And the house—I really do love it. I didn't think I would or could get attached to nicely decorated walls but here I am."

"Would you want to come back to the same place again?" he asked curiously. It confused the fuck out of me because these questions were so random but somehow really normal and fitting too.

"I guess?" I laughed. "I mean, sure. Like I said, I like everything so I wouldn't mind."

"Well... what would you say if I told you that we have the opportunity to own the villa?" he popped the question that had been clearly sitting on his shoulders and weighing him down.

"Wait, you're kidding, right?" I asked.

"Pass me your bag," he lifted his hand and moved his four fingers in the air to hurry me up. Right. He put something in it before we left and he didn't let me look at it because he said it wasn't for me to look at. "So, this," he pulled out a box, flat and kind of big. It took up a lot of space in my bag and it barely wanted to fit but he squeezed it in it. Along with his phone and mine and tissues and lip gloss. He always made me carry his shit but then I just passed my bag onto him so he ended up carrying it in the end. "Open this."

"You told me this was not mine to look at," I reminded him.

"It is now," he reassured me. "Go on."

I wasted no time in opening the box which revealed a silver key. It looked oddly familiar and as I looked up at Harry, I clocked on.

"I guess the question I should have asked before was if you'd like to own the place with me so... what do you say?" he looked at me with hopeful eyes and all I could do was shake my head and chuckle.

He was one crazy motherfucker.

• • •

Last night, he explained how he even had the chance to buy the property and how he was going to get it whether I was in it with him or not. Apparently, he got friendly with the previous owner who had been renting it out to people for as long as they could remember but it was not something they enjoyed anymore. They were going to put the place up for sale, anyway, so when Harry found this out, he asked if he could take it and since the owners knew we were going to rent it for however long it originally was, they were just happy to get rid of the place.