CHAPTER 17

Harry Styles

Louis Tomlinson and I went to the same high school and he also ended up at the same college that I went to. Or, well, I ended up at the one he went to. But that was bound to happen seeing as we lived around the same area at the time.

He was always such a jackass. I have never once run into him and thought 'wow what a lovely lad' because it was always something I dreaded. I never wanted to run into him. He was such a negative person, a rude one at that. I liked my life once he was out of it and now that he decided to dip his leg back in it, I wanted to run miles away.

Not to mention the way he dipped his leg in my life again. Through Kensington. God. He angered me so much.

I blamed myself for going to the toilet after I paid. I shouldn't have gone. I should have waited for Kensington to come out and then tell her to wait for me in the car or just held my fucking pee. Only if that would have been the case, Tomlinson wouldn't have been able to be an absolute wanker to her.

"Where do you want me to drive?" I asked her curiously. She could have meant back to her work or back to mine or literally anywhere. Which didn't exactly make sense in my head because she randomly wanted to spend time with me. Me. The competition that she didn't seem to like so much.

"Somewhere."

"Do you have a place in mind or do I just go wherever?"

"I do, actually," she said after a few moments of silence. She was so intriguing. For me, anyway. Her character was so closed off that it was a task and a half to open up. The layers that covered up her true self were there as protection although I had no idea why she needed it in the first place. My mission, however, was to figure it all out.

Sometimes, people walk into our lives and they are nothing but a massive mystery. I felt that was with her. Everyone who enters our lives has a purpose, a reason why they are there. I wondered why we only just began to talk after knowing of one another for so long. I wondered if our paths only just crossed now because we weren't ready for each other before.

"Are you going to tell me or will I have to guess?"

"I don't want to give it away because you will think it's stupid. My brother always did."

A quiet chuckle escaped my lips and I shook my head. "Good thing I'm not your brother."

"Right, well... um, can I just put it in the GPS? And you can't look at where we're going..."

"Kensington, just tell me," I laughed. "Chances are, I know the way to wherever you are trying to take me. I have lived in London for over twenty years."

"Really? When did you move?" she asked as she tried to change the subject.

"Nice one, but I'm not telling until you confess."

"Okay, you can't laugh though," she sighed as she looked away. She began to act proper shy and like I would laugh at her or judge her for whatever she would say and it didn't make sense. It didn't match her usual self. The confident, cold and sassy persona just disappeared into thin air. This was like a new side to her and I liked it.

"Go on."

"I heard that the guards are changing at a different time today. Like, in fifteen minutes."

"At the palace?" I asked and from the corner of my eye, I saw her nod. We stopped at a red light and I looked at her. "Do you want to go and watch it?"

"Well..."

"Alright, we can do that," I answered quickly as I remembered that's why she told me. "Are you going to be fine in those heels?"