CHAPTER 38

Renleigh Kensington

I have never been to a funeral before so I just assumed people wore an all-black outfit. At first, I did want to go down that route then I remembered I wasn't like anyone else so I ended up in a tan coloured long-sleeve with black trousers and blazer. My hair was gathered into a tight low bun with a parting in the middle. My earrings were gold and they somewhat matched my cream bag but then that more so went with my top. I had a black watch around my wrist and a few gold rings wrapped around my fingers. A black pair of sunglasses hid away my dark brown eyebrows and basic eye-makeup look since it was kind of sunny. It made no sense. It was almost December and the sun was still out and proud.

Styles did come to get me on Sunday. He texted me the time he would get to mine the day before so I would have enough time to get ready. When I went downstairs, he was out of his car, his body covered in a fully black fit. He pulled me into a hug right as I got out of my building, his arms wrapped around my middle as mine went around his neck. He had his usual Harry scent which made me relax against him.

In all honesty, he was the only person I have allowed to hug me who wasn't family. Or in general. I wasn't one for others invading my personal space.

"Are you okay?" his arms were still around me when we pulled away slightly, the question softly escaped my lips as my eyes looked into his green ones.

"Eh," he shrugged. His eyes looked sad. From so close, it kind of hurt me a lot more than I thought it ever would. With a sigh, I leaned in and kissed his cheek which caught him off guard. "What was that for?"

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Can I have a proper kiss?" he asked. "Wait. No. Please, don't start with the whole May-June thing."

I laughed as the memory of me taking the piss came back.

"You're no fun but sure," I said before I leaned in and placed my lips on his. They were warm against mine and soft, much like I remembered. But still better. He sighed against my lips, through his nose, the warm air strangely made me feel cosier and I closed my arms around his neck a little more.

He then pulled away again but only to lean his forehead against mine, his nose nudged into mine. I opened my eyes to see him smile fondly with his still closed. Soon enough, he tucked his face into the crook of my neck and I sighed as he tightened his arms around me.

"I've missed you so much," he mumbled breathily. It made me shiver as his breath tickled me.

"I guess I did too," I let him know. It would have felt slightly weird to say out the actual words so I sort of just agreed. "Should we get going?"

"Yeah-, yeah we should," he let go of me and turned around a little to open the door for me. "Queen."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes with a smirk as he closed the car door on me.

The journey to Manchester was around three hours or at least that's what Styles told me. He seemed to know the way there without any help from the GPS built into his car. He had some kind of playlist playing, I literally knew none of the songs but I said nothing in case it offended him or some shit. I definitely did not want to upset him today. I thought he felt shit enough.

"I never asked but... how did you find the day out with my friends?" he started the conversation off.

"It was alright... yeah."

"Just alright?" he chuckled. "What about them separately then?"

"Um. Well... April made her mark. I didn't talk to Ethan a lot. Toby was alright. Niall did speak to me and like I knew him from before so he was fine. I did talk to Levi, maybe the most out of everyone and he's a lovely man."